Poor customer service report. Are existing customers less important than new subscribers?
Jasontx
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I heard about the new iPhone 6 the day it was announced I was happy to finally get a bigger iPhone. I was also excited because I knew I would be able to get that phone because I was a long-time loyal Verizon customer and I was on the Edge Agreement. I was wrong.

When I went into my local store I was told I was not allowed to pre-order the iPhone 6 because I was on the Edge Agreement. I was told I could only "Edge Up" to a phone that is physically in the store at that moment. Basically, I did not get to pre-order the phone dropping my chances for getting it on or close to release day.

Then, yesterday the 19th when the phone was released I went to a couple of stores to see if they happened to have any. Some stores had the iPhone 6 but did not have the iPhone 6 Plus, which is the phone I want. I was told at the Marshall, Texas store they had the iPhone 6 (not the 6 Plus) but they were unable to sell me those phones because they were reserved for new lines of service. Of course this did not set well with me so I called Verizon customer service to inquire why that would be allowed. I was told the store can make that decision and choose to do sell devices in that manner if they so choose to.

Bottom line, I was unable to order and acquire the iPhone 6 Plus because I was not allowed to pre-order in the first place. Additionally, any thoughts of getting an alternative were shot down because the store would not sell phones to a customer who was not a new line of service.

Apparently, my over 8 years of loyal patronage to Verizon with two phones, two tablets, and a home phone connection means absolutely nothing to them. Apparently, Verizon is more concerned with attracting new customers than retaining the customers they have. It does not take a genius to figure out this is not a long-term sustainable business model. I am furious with Verizon, and for the first time in over 8 years I am considering winding down my business with Verizon and moving to another carrier. Maybe other carriers will be more concerned with their current, loyal customers because Verizon is not at all.

Labels (1)
Re: Poor customer service report. Are existing customers less important than new subscribers?
DesireeNatasha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Jason,

You really need to read my post as I just had a very similar experience with Verizon and I have been with them for nine years.  I completely agree that Verizon is more concerned with gaining new business than keeping existing customers, which is actually quite pointless if you get customers only to lose them to poor customer service.  I hope you get this issue resolved, hopefully someone will reach out and act like they care about our concerns.\

Sincerely,

Desiree

0 Likes
Re: Poor customer service report. Are existing customers less important than new subscribers?
Jmwithers253
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Jason,

I am sorry to hear that you are having the problem that you are having being the loyal customer that you are. I have been a customer for about 18 years and this past year I have received the absolute worse customer service ever. I have stayed loyal because thru-out the years Verizon's customer service has always been helpful, understanding, and willing to do what is necessary to appeal to the happiness of their customers. But for an unknown reason to me, this year is different. I was told 6 months ago that I would be allowed to do something over the phone, but when I got to the store, I was informed that I was unable to do it. I was told that I had to wait a couple months, so I did. I have now been told that three times in those six months and the third time was the charm, but not in my favor. Now I am being told that I can't do what was told to me three time at all. I hope that someone from Verizon reads this because your loyal customers are displeased with the customer satisfaction that I used to cherish.

Josh

0 Likes
Not applicable

Funny how people complain about perks new customers get except when they were new they didn't seem to mind those. Hypocrisy anyone?

0 Likes
Jasontx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you all for the kind remarks. I have posted the same comments on Verizon's Facebook page. I noticed a lot of people on that page are having customer service related problems as well. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end of Verizon's customer service dominance in mobile carriers.

I'm being honest I am looking over AT&Ts 4 line plans. On average I am calculating around $80 a month in savings. They are probably not any better customer service wise, but at least I would save some money.

To the poster who smarted off about hypocrisy: When I was new customer to Verizon I got a single line on a contract agreement for the contract price. I got the same deal everyone else did at that time. I don't see how that is hypocritical compared to today. If Verizon had given me the same deal today they gave me back then I would not have authored my original post.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Read the bottom paragraph. Verizon does not honor verbal agreements. And you cannot upgrade early.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

What was business years ago is not business today.

Everything changes. In business as in life if you don't change you expire.

Your Edge agreement has conditions. Evidently you did not read them. You trade in the device after paying 50%/60% based on when you started the Edge agreement. You then go and trade up to the phone you desire and return the old device and pay the tax and first payment again out of the 20 monthly payments.

It I believe has to be done in person at a Verizon wireless store.

Preorders evidently cannot be done on edge. (Possibly because you are already on the Edge plan I just don't know)

Verizon Mobile Support

Good Luck

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Ah yeah.. I'm gonna have to sorta disagree with you there. Although it may not seem so vzw wants to keep all their good loyal customers like you AND add new ones also. You can get your 6+ just have to be patient.  Have some fun time will fly by and you'll have it. I realize it's kind of a status symbol for some to have the best right away. Especially with apples. Relatively speaking big red and att are close for speed/customer service/ price. Well jd powers had vzw #1 now I think