Re: Poor coverage/reception- How do I get this fixed?
Fish4northern
Enthusiast - Level 2

What troubleshooting?...really?....you should know that if your VZN , look at all the calls I made to you "troubleshooting".....its your service!...how can it just drop off so much unless VZW adjusted the tower priority!.......im not the only one having service degradation....

amyk17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have surveyed my neighbors via the NextDoor app and we are having terrible reception in our neighborhood. What is the best way for this to be addressed as a community-wide issue? 

cls90
Enthusiast - Level 1

zips 35640, 35622

I have had Verizon for 20 years. Chose them because they had THE BEST service in my area, even in the very rural areas. For 2 weeks, it's been horrible. My LG V20 is practically useless. I have to stay connected to a wifi anywhere for the data to work. I have called Verizon - and nope, no problems. I did the trouble shooting thing, nope. There are enough people complaining that I know it's not my phone.  Downdetector website is full of people complaining.

Do not say it is a tower and it's overloaded from 7 pm-11 pm each night - then what about 11 pm-7 pm? YOU ARE VERIZON - build more towers if that is going to be your lame excuse. I pay over $200 a month for 5 devices and can't even use my phone. I have Verizon because you are a global, respectable company. I was sitting at a rural ball field tonight, outside under the stars, with a full 5 bars - and my data was not working. I'm not sure my ability to place calls is fully working because I have people tell me they called and there is no record of it.  No, I do not have the airplane feature turned on, I'm not that stupid. I've turned the phone off, on, reset, removed sim card, whatever. 

Also - I used to be able to log in to this site and see my most recent calls. I did that tonight just to see if anyone had been calling - it's actually a safety issue with my family, but apparently, that option is gone and I can only see calls from the previous bill. 

The weird thing - my mifi hotpot is working. I have to carry it around with my phone using that wifi for my phone to work. That's insane.

Has Verizon been virus hacked by whatever conspiracy theory anyone wants to use? Just admit it is better than ignoring it.  I don't see how I can have great 5 bar service for 20 years, then recently it rarely goes over 1-2 bars, and now is just gone to an X. It waffles between 3G and 4G. Location, outside, inside, metal building - none of that has any effect. It goes against all normal activity for the way a cell phone should work.

MENEZA13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new iPhone XS. In the same house with someone using Samsung, same service. My phone doesn't work, Samsung works well.

IPhone has one bar no lte or 4G

Los Angeles... Also, Verizon chat gave me major run around 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amyk17, we always want you to have the reliable service you can depend on and pay for. The best and only way to address any existing service issues would be to file a network ticket under your account. Do you have an intersection and city you can provide us with? How is your service impacted exactly?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
martin_m
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue in Portland Oregon.. I use my phone as my only internet connection...it works perfect until. afternoon until 7 pm.... I have tried for a year and a half to get this resolved and have been told that it is an "old tower that verizon does not own" and is overloaded... still I pay for Beyond Unlimited and cannot use the service they are charging me for (shoiuld only slow down during heavy traffic AFTER 22 gig... I've not gone over that limit...) 
It's not my phone or my location...it's their Equipment..
so, good luck with a resolution...seems to be nothing but a waste of time.
After being a customer for 25 years I am now looking at all options other than Verizon

0 Likes
Fish4northern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a ticket issued for my poor signal, and and was told by VZ it was ever resolved. But the service never improved. It still to date has NOT become better.......so after further research,  I purchased a 3 band signal booster for $250 for bands 2, 5, and 13 all of which are VZ bands....the booster VZ tried to give me required a broadband internet connection, at my expense.....no thanks, I'll but my own that doesn't require a internet connection.....UPDATE,...my purchased signal booster works great!...from 2 to 5 bars!....not happy about paying to improve a service that should be reliable but it's a better deal, right now than ATT, pricewise.....for now anyway.