Poor Verizon customer service today.
mtogo

Called Verizon sevice today with problem with my LG cel. Customer service supervisor named Tereasse hung up on me.

I'm a 30 year Verizon valued custom, with a Verizon bill of average over $300.00 a month. I am also a senior with a physical disapility.

What actions can I take now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Verizon customer service today.
Snn5
Legend

Next action:  Tell us what the problem is.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtogo,

This is not the type of interaction we want you to have with us. I am so sorry that the line was disconnected when you called and spoke with us regarding your device. Helping is our number one priority. What seems to be going on with your phone? Please let us know so that we can help futher.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mtogo

My Verizon purchaseed LG basic phone would not take a charge, so I went to the Verizon retail store where I purchased the phone about a year ago, looking for help. The customer sevice person at the store told me my phone was still under warrantee. He also told me that his store did not stock that particular battery. He suggested that I call Verizon customer service at 1-800-922-0204, and that they would arrange to send me a new battery AT NO CHARGE. I called the phone number that he gave me and spoke to the Customer Service Supervisor named Terrease. She told that Verizon does no longer stocks the LG battery that I need. When I pressed her to solve my problem, Terrease hung up on me. She also told me to go Walmart to buy a new battery. I told her I went to Walmart earlier in the day and was told by a sales clerk that they do not stock cel phone batteries.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unless I missed something, batteries are only warrantied for 90 days, not one year.  I would surmise you'd need to replace the battery via manufacturer or a battery-selling site online.  You could however buy a new phone for the same cost, more or less off a peg hook at WalMart.

rcschnoor
Legend

You could also try Amazon for a replacement battery.

0 Likes
mtogo

Rudeness to respectful customers is never OK.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Now that you are armed with the knowledge we have provided, you can go forward and rectify your issue.

mtogo

I’ve stated who I am in my first post. Who are you. Do you work for Verizon?

Mike

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, you are not a customer of mine.

Second, my reply was not rude.

Third, as has been pointed out batteries are not covered under the 1 yr manufacturers warranty. If you are unsure, check your manufacturers warranty which I am confident explicitly states that fact.

Lastly, I simply pointed out what I would do were I in your shoes. I am already aware batteries are not covered and would not even attempt calling Verizon as Amazon likely has them priced less even if Verizon were to still carry the item.

Good luck.