Poor Signal
TAC99

I have been a Verizon customer since I was in my teens and I am now 35...I have never had ANY issues until now. That is a long time never to have a complaint. 

Ever since I went to unlimited data my signal is so low and I have started dropping calls.  I have not moved, I have not changed jobs. I use an iPhone 7 Plus that is relatively new.  I have tried updating my Network settings in the lowest part of my home without success.  I have also tried this at work.  I have tried switching to airport and then back on as well.  Nothing helps.  Does anyone have any tips?  This is ridiculous that I pay all this money for unlimited data and I can't get a signal to use it whenever I want.

Tips are appreciated thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that this has been an issue for you and we want to make sure you are getting the best service. What is your zip code? Are there others with the same issues?

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A change of plans can't decrease your signal within the post-paid suite of plans. Pre-paid vs. Post-paid can affect what towers you're able to associate up to, yes. That typically boils down to roaming partners.

What probably happened is with the move to unlimited, many others in your area also signed up, and this resulted in towers hitting a maximum number of sessions, which causes you go to another tower. Or Verizon could be spectrum tight, where not enough LTE spectrum is available to balance devices across, thus your SNR (signal to noise ratio) or just overall carrier capacity is being consumed up. A tower nearby you could be getting re-zoned or upgraded. It could also be updates to your phone's Carrier Profile, which occurs regularly (do make sure you're up to date with this one) and affects how the phone talks to the network. The problem could also be due to throttled devices using a disproportionate amount of Airtime, which causes noise/contention on spectrum, which is why I'm not a huge fan of slowing down "busy" devices.

I can go on and on with what happened to the network. In most cases, it's due to too many people using too little spectrum, too many macro sites, and a possibility of upgrades taking place (4T4R + higher modulation in use). Just report the specific areas, street level, where problems are seen to Verizon. This will work itself out. Just the nature of the beast with anything wireless.

0 Likes
Samiller99

I just went unlimited as well and am feeling strangled on my s8+. However, my daughter in the same workplace is fine and she's on my plan.

0 Likes
Samiller99

Suddenly I'm at 4-5 bars after struggling for three days, while my daughter had 4-5 during that same time. Coincidence?

0 Likes