Poor Service
THEHAR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lived in the same location for over 2 years.  We used to have good service, but over the last year it has gotten really bad.  I can no longer use my cell phone in my home.  We are constantly having to move around our very small house to find an extra bar.  This is happening on 4 different cell phones (3 iPhones and 1 Samsung) as well as visitor phones.  It has gotten so bad the past few weeks that I have no cell service at all.  If we cannot get this figured out soon, I will need to switch to another provider as we no longer use our home phone.  Please help.

BTW, my zip code is 10583.

Phones:

iPhone 6S, 6, 5S

Samsung - not sure of the model but it's new

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor Service
Weth
Legend

Your iPhone 6 and 6S and likely the new Samsung model support wifi calling. Turn that on and you will get cell service inside your house through wifi calling. Unfortunately the 5S does not support wifi calling.

The network extender would support all the phones in your house, as Ann mentions. It connects to your home network and then sends out a local cell signal - i.e. network extender.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered purchasing a network extender?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

THEHAR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I need a network extender? It's cell service that I don't have.

My wifi is fine.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The network extender is for extending your cellular service inside your home.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

Your iPhone 6 and 6S and likely the new Samsung model support wifi calling. Turn that on and you will get cell service inside your house through wifi calling. Unfortunately the 5S does not support wifi calling.

The network extender would support all the phones in your house, as Ann mentions. It connects to your home network and then sends out a local cell signal - i.e. network extender.

THEHAR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry, but why would I need to extend my wifi network?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are not understanding. It is not a wifi network extender. It is a cellular network extender.

It connects to your network and sends out a local cellular signal, not wifi signal, Your phones then connect to this local cellular signal and all the cellular traffic is routed through your network back to Verizon.

Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender - Verizon Wireless

Have you set up wifi calling on your 6, 6S, and your Samsung phone?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Additional reading material. Boost Weak Cell Service at Home: Your Options | PCWorld

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THEHAR7, weakened service at home would have me just as concerned as I definitely get the need to be able to make and receive calls while at home. Weth and Ann154 both provided great links detailed information as to why a network extender is a great tool to help boost your in home reception. They also provided information on how WiFi calling can help improve your reception indoors if your phones are compatible with that feature.

This link also provides great details on setting up WiFi calling if you are interested in this feature:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Let us know if you have any additional questions about both WiFi calling and a network extender.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

THEHAR7
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I try a booster, is this something that Verizon provides? Is there any

cost?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes