Poor Customer Service
wirelessCustomerX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been an Alltel/Verizon customer for over 13 years.  I also worked for Alltel/Verizon for 10 years.  Recently, about 5 months ago, my son's iPhone was stolen.  We obtained an old slide-out style texting phone from a friend to replace his iPhone because we had recently renewed his contract and he wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade to another smart phone for quite a while.

Fast forward 5 months to today and I just realized we are still being charged for the data package for his texting style phone.  That equates to about $150 of services we did not use nor did we have any intention of using with a texting phone.  I assumed (incorrectly) that once I switched the phones on the account the data plan would be considered invalid and removed resulting in no longer being charged $30 per month for his line.  I had not seen a bill over this time period until recently (I was not in charge of paying this particular bill) and to my surprise we have been charged every month since May for a data plan on a texting phone!  Again, that is a total of about $150!

I called Verizon to figure out what we can do about this situation and left the conversation feeling VERY unsatisfied.  Basically, I was offered only a one month credit of the data plan charges.  I did not expect to receive a full 5 month's worth of credit, but I figured they would be willing to compromise and meet somewhere in the middle...not so!  They were adamant they could not accommodate me further.  I made it clear to them that we obviously had no intention to keep the data plan for a texting phone and that I was not presented with any option to drop the data plan when I made the switch.  I believe Verizon does not go out of their way to ensure there are services you no longer need when you switch devices.  I feel they count on customers not realizing this and paying for services they do not want and do not need.

I can't believe after being a long time customer and long time employee Verizon would not be more accommodating.  The other two lines on the account are eligible for new contracts and upgrades.  I will be seriously considering taking my business to another provider due to Verizon's poor customer service performance on this matter.  They are well aware they have taken $150 from me while providing nothing in return and they seem to be perfectly okay with that.  That absolutely disgusts me!  This forum will not be the only place I post this message.  I will make it well known their lack customer service and integrity by posting this message on other forums, blogs, emails to executives at Verizon etc.

I may not get financial satisfaction, but I will certainly get satisfaction through spreading this message!

Labels (1)
Re: Poor Customer Service
Sandyyyyy13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon had the worst customer service lately. I am a long time verizon wireless customer.  I am changing plans. And I am NOT paying any early term.  Fees. They can consider it lost.  They can consider it emotional distress caused by 20 different phone calls in the past 2 months speaking to 20 different people with 20 different " it will be resolved within 24hour". I have 4 phones on the plan. I updated an I phone. The screen went black. Verizon sent another phone. It was damaged - phone screen had lines all thru it. They sent another one which was fine.  I sent them both back.  ( same day& correct boxes ).  They billed me 649!!!! I have called and called.  They say the warehouse received it but it's not logged in to verizon. 2 people said the charge would be credited on acct. within 24 hours.  Now today the person said phone wasn't recd.  It was received, their phone reps don't even log in calls, warehouse is managed poorly.  I am through with verizon and will post all over.  My company also gives a discount for verizon and I am going to tell everyone I can.  The reps were extremely RUDE.  Verizon is the worst for customer service!!!!!!

0 Likes
spottsmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar experience last year they charged me  a early termination fee for a phone i had already paid off. I battled for 7 months to find a Tech  that Knew just what to do and how to fix the issue.
I had them offer me  a small credit and i had them tell me i had to pay the bill THEN they would credit that to my account.
I spoke with FTC an BBB and discovered that i should NOT pay and that they need to fix the issue. As i said i finally got a great tech who worked hard to fix the issue.

I have had my bad share of CSR and Techs who sadly were more interested in reading from a cue card and not really assisting anyone or possibly just not aware of how to fix the situation and i believe that is poor  training. All that said i have had some Really Wonderful CSR's and Techs too who have worked t get my account fixed or phone back on par etc,
If you get lucky enough to get one of them you will find thy make Verizon worthwhile

Mind you i do not work for Verizon or any parts of it i simply have had their service for several years and most times i am very happy

0 Likes
Sandyyyyy13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally spoke to a verizon rep named amber. She stayed on the phone with me for 50 minutes, was polite and even gave me her email address and found the tracking number for the phone and gave me that info also.  She was the only person who even attempted to find the phone. Everyone else said the phone wasn't returned or the warehouse didn't get the info to verizon.  I want to thank amber for her time, patience and excellent customer service (which is rare lately with verizon). (I have used verizon wireless for 14 yrs. ) and she acknowledged that fact.  I will be emailing my thanks to her and hope she can forward it to her supervisor. And the credit for the phone shows on my bill already.

spottsmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad you found a good Rep as i said they seem to be rare lately but when you get the luck of the draw and get one you are good to go.,

0 Likes
darnvapp

This company SUCKS. They never answer the phone and chat is impossible. I am leaving and never looking back!!!!!

0 Likes
sherwin129

I concur with poor customer service.  They don't have loyalty to customers who have been with them for a long time.  I'm not asking for a concession but at least offer me something convincing enough to stay with the carrier.  The supervisor Chris just agreed to cancel my acct without negotiating.  I suggest everyone to do the same and terminate your accounts with verizon as they will not do anything with long time customers. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well hopefully things will change.. my experiences with the company and customer service have been smooth never to were I've had to raise my voice, at the stores on a couple occasions I pressed my thoughts on how 2 exchanges was being treated and ever since that time I have not bought another piece of equipment from that store.. but other than the two problems that I had at Local stores I've been pretty satisfied with Verizon. b

0 Likes