Poor Customer Service at a Verizon Wireless Store.
J_R_Gentry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I went in to upgrade my phone and I was the 3rd person in line when the doors opened at the Verizon owned store in Fort Collins Co. I told the rep exactly what I wanted which he promptly went into the back and retrieved. Within minutes after being told about promotions for the iPad and trade in on my old iPhone. I was set to leave with a new iPhone 6s 64gb, an iPad mini 4 and a trade in of 200.00 for my old phone. The process of switching the phones was dragging on and the rep kept telling me that the store has terrible WiFi? (Really at the Verizon store) An hour later the phone was still trying to update from an iCloud backup. By 90 minutes the phone had made no progress and the rep began the back pedaling on things he had said. Suddenly the $200 trade in was only showing up as a $100 and suddenly instead of leaving with everything as promised for under $100. I would need to cough up $249.00 today plus a $40 activation fee for the new iPad, but I would be credited back on my bill $150. Still the phone had made zero progress and even though the poor rep kept going to his manager Robyn or Robin? Not once did she come over to help resolve any of the issues. He even asked her to come over and try to salvage the sale. She kept avoiding coming over and eventually at the 100 minute mark I told him to restore my old phone and I would not be leaving with anything today from this Verizon store. Total time at the store was 2 hours, manager never came over to help the rep to resolve any of the issues he was having.

Hey Verizon you might want to look for a manager for this store that actually manages. Anyone can stand around and text on their phone and only engage when her employees have a question? If you doubt what I am saying, send in a secret shopper and watch for yourself.

You might also want to look at this region, because I thought I would look for a Verizon Wireless owned store and try again. I can't seem to find one store in Northern Colorado Front Range that has any review on google above a 2.9 star rating. Do your homework and read what people are saying about your stores and how they are treated. I noticed as I stood there for 2 hours listening to customers come in, that most of the customers were coming back from a previous visit where something they were told or promised hadn't happened.

My next step was to complete my order 100% on-line, however it shows that my phone was already used as a trade in and can't be used at this time.

James G

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service at a Verizon Wireless Store.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J.R Gentry,

I definitely understand your frustration and I apologize for all the inconvenience you have experienced with regards to your recent trip to our location. Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best from our service and staff during all interactions. We also like to operate with integrity and it does concern us to hear it was not demonstrated during your recent encounter with us. Please be assured we will continue to provide feedback to all of our employees in hopes to make sure this never occurs again. When checking online for the upgrade option, does it show you have a pending order or anything listed?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
J_R_Gentry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Candice, Yes, it shows that my phone was traded in, when in fact it was not. I called Verizon and spoke to customer service about the fact that it showed on-line that my phone had been traded in. He assured me that the store could make the adjustment and everything would be fine. Today I went into the Loveland store and they made phone calls and made an honest attempt to resolve the issue, however they were unable to do anything about it. I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 6 but I was not able to trade my old device in for the $200 credit and subsequently did not buy the iPad I was planning on buying with the credit from the trade in. I still have the white iPhone 5c in white.

If you have any direction or resolve on this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

James

BRIROB99
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my experience they won't fix it at all and are going to only harm you and infuriate you more. I been only hurt and insulted by the shady tactic. I had all I owned stolen and was caused to miss my sons funeral. They came and kicked my teeth in and stole my dignity adding insult to injury. Shame on Verizon.

0 Likes