Poor Customer Service at Eau Claire, Wisconsin Corporate Store
scottwin

We had a prepaid Verizon account and wanted to cancel the line and add a line (#6) to our main Verizon account.   My wife was told she would have to open up a new Verizon account and port the prepaid number over and then come back the next day and cancel her new account and move the line to our main account (no, they said they couldn't just issue a refund on the balance on our prepaid account).

She went back the 2nd day and was told that there was an issue with her identify and that she would need to give the Verizon store a copy of her Social Security Card and her driver's license so it could be faxed to the Verizon credit team.    Of course, she refused.

I went to the store on the 3rd night and talked to another representative who tried to force port the prepaid number over to our main number.  He was unable to do so and told me that my options were to give them a copy of my wifes SSN card and driver's license or lose the $130 balance.  I said that a 3rd option was for him to credit my main account $130 and I would cancel the prepaid account and "lose" the balance.  He said he would have to talk to his manager. 

When the manager came out she said that they could not issue a credit.  I asked, "can't or won't", and she said that since I had the option of giving up my wife's paperwork (ever hear of identity theft), they would not issue a credit.   I talked to her about identify theft and that our banker advised us never to give copies of our SSN or Driver's license.  Her response was "well, I guess you have to decide if you want to trust your banker or your wireless provider".   I asked  her why they just would not issue the credit   I asked her if she was ready to lose a 5 year customer who had 5 lines (going to add #6) and she said "what do you want me to do, write you a personal check for $130?"     The conversation continued until I finally left the store.

That night I called Verizon customer service, canceled my prepaid account (so I thought) and opened up a new line with a new phone.  (I accepted the terms and also accepted the terms via e-mail and got a confirmation that I had accepted)

The next day I checked on the status of my order and it was blank.  I called customer service again and was told for some reason my order was canceled.  I then went through the process again and was told that my new phone would be shipping out and that my account had been credited $130.

Checked my order tonight, no update.  Called customer service and it showed as canceled again.   My credit was not on my account either.   I have now spent 4 hours on the phone, 3 trips to the corporate store and still can't get a line added, a phone shipped and my prepaid balance credited to my account.   The Verizon customer service reps have been vey polite and have tried to be helpful. 

How do you get in touch with someone at corporate to let them know about the poor customer service at the Eau Claire corporate office, and also let them know that their practice of asking for SSN cards is a very bad practice???

Labels (1)
0 Likes