Poor Cell Service
brenaceshijo

Has something changed in the Aurora Colorado area recently? For probably the past 3 months service has been horrible, dropping calls, constant in and out when in a phone call only catching every other word. It never used to be this bad until the unlimited plans came out. Can't even attempt to call Verizon because they won't be able to hear all of what I am trying to tell them. Seems like things have gone down hill drastically. I have been a Verizon customer for 20+ years and have never had such poor cell service. Verizon has always been the best. What is going on and is there any plans in place to correct the problems? Things are much worse inside my home. HELP!!! I pay WAY TOO MUCH for this kind of service. I can pay a lot less and get the same [removed] service.

[removed]

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator. ​

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Cell Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brenaceshijo,

We'd always want to know if something is going on with the service in your area as soon as possible, so let's check this out. I'm not seeing any current issues in the Aurora area, but that's precisely what we want to get more information on. Have you been able to use your phone in different areas with better results? What is the make/model of your device? As for future plans in the area, we don't have access to that level of proprietery information, but I know that our network team is always looking at ways to improve existing areas provided it is aligned with state/local legislation.

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What's the signal quality from the nearest tower to your phone?

I'd recommend installing a cell signal level application on your device like one of the following from the PlayStore: Network Cell Info Lite, and/or Advanced Signal Status

If you have an iPhone, then look for something on iTunes that does something similar like OpenSignal or other (I don't have an iPhone).

I've gleaned the following from the web regarding reported metrics in these apps:

RSRP – The average power received from a single Reference signal, and Its

typical range is around -44dbm (good) to -140dbm(bad).

Better than -88dBm RSRP is a strong signal
Between -89dBm and -96dBm is a very good signal
Between -97dBm and -105dBm is good
Between -106dBm and -112dBm is fair
Worse than -113dBm RSRP is poor

RSRQ – Indicates quality of the received signal, and its

range is typically -19.5dB(bad) to -3dB (good).

Greater or equal to -10dB (excellent)

Between -10 to -15dB (good)

Between -15 to -20 (Fair to Poor*)

Less than -20 (Bad*)

RSSNR – Indicates the Signal to Noise ratio of the signal, the higher the better

Greater or equal to 20 Excellent

Between 13 to 20 Good

Between 0 to 13 (Fair to Poor*)

Less than or equal to 0 (Bad*)

Is the signal quality good to the phone? Then likely it's a cell tower or network congestion issue.

Next, perform a SpeedTest (download the SpeedTest application from the PlayStore). You might want to do this in the morning, afternoon, evening and late late at night. Provide your signal quality and speedtest results to Verizon.

0 Likes
ERNBLE43

We started having poor reception in our area of central Washington about two months ago.

Dropped calls, switching from Verizon to extended service and no service.

Have contacted Verizon numerous times and have been told nothing found.

Recently were told that Verizon is upgrading to 4G and LTE(5G) and nothing can be done.

What does this mean as to why service quality going down?

0 Likes