Please help
hotdog2100

I purchased the SGN2 about 5 days ago at full retail price to retain my unlimited data. So I have 3 questions

1) During the time I brought the SGN2, the employee offered me the $6.99/mo. Asurion TEC insurance and I accepted it. I'm just wondering would my unlimited data be affected if I added this insurance. I already called the customer service and they said it should not because that's only a feature but I'm kind of worry that it might be affected because I added something to my current plan.

2) What should I do when my contract ends on 6/2013? I saw on the internet just minutes before that the only way to keep your unlimited is to purchase at full price when your contract ends. Since I just brought a phone at full price, I do not want to get another one! I'm really confuse here. Can I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan if I don't change to another phone at that time?

3) And can I renew another 2 year contract without affecting my unlimited data? The reason why I would want to renew another 2 year contract is because I heard that if Verizon decides to terminate all unlimited data plans in the future, I still won't be affected if I am under a contract since I'm locked into it. I'll just have to worry about that after the contract end date.

Thank You for reading and your help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please help
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

1) adding insurance shouldn't affect your unlimited data

2) Verizon no longer sells unlimited data plans, so when your contract ends, you go month-to-month

3) if you renew your contract, i.e., sign a new two-year contract, you will lose your unlimited data and have to choose a tiered data plan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

1) adding insurance shouldn't affect your unlimited data

2) Verizon no longer sells unlimited data plans, so when your contract ends, you go month-to-month

3) if you renew your contract, i.e., sign a new two-year contract, you will lose your unlimited data and have to choose a tiered data plan

0 Likes
hotdog2100

Thanks for the reply but I have another question. How does the month to month plan work? Do I just pay the same monthly bill as I do now but the only difference is that I'm not under a contract? Or there any disadvantages of not being under a contract?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you continue paying your monthly bills, but you aren't under contract. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Month to month is the same you get the same bill you pay it like you always have. The advantage is you can leave Verizon at any time without having to pay an ETF. The disadvantage is that they could take away your unlimited data at any time also.

0 Likes
hotdog2100

Thank you for all your help then. Really hope they won't take it away anytime soon!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome; no one knows when unlimited will completely go away, but many suspect it may be the summer of 2014 when everyone with unlimited is then off-contract

0 Likes