Please help me decide if I should switch to one of the new plans.
walkerphones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have 2 iPhone6 on a more everything with 10gb data and using verizon edge. Thru edge we get at $25 per phone monthly device discount. The bill is as follows:

More everything 10gb $80

Line charges $40x2= $80

Insur $11x2= $22

Device $27.49x2= $54.98

Device discount $25x2= $50

fees $5.52x2= 11.04

TOTAL BILL $198.02

With the new plan it is showing me:
12gb data $80

line charge $20x2=$40

So I assume my device charges of $54.98 per month will transfer over as well. What I am nervous about is if the device discount of $50 per month will transfer over. If so, it seems the new plan is the way to go. Anyone have experience with the device discount transferring over or not?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please help me decide if I should switch to one of the new plans.
Weth
Legend

I've been following the boards and reading as much info as possible.  The discount does not carry over.  Your access fee will be $20 on the new plan.  MiiHere  means the $15 access fee is $40 minus the $25 discount or net $15.  The discount is not a device discount, but a discount on the monthly access fee.  That is where you are getting confused and that is why  it does not carry over. My numbers are correct.

i Will not be making the change for this reason. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

ON the new plan, your bill will go up $10 and you will get 2GB extra data. The $50 device discount does not carryover to the new plan. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think this is a question a lot of us are trying to figure out. What will the discounts be on the new plan.

New bill could be:

$80 - 12GB of data

$20 - Line Access Fee

$20 - Line Access Fee

$11 - Insurance

$11 - Insurance

$28 - Device

$28 - Device

$198 + tax

OR

$80 - 12GB of data

$15 - Line Access Fee

$15 - Line Access Fee

$11 - Insurance

$11 - Insurance

$28 - Device

$28 - Device

$188 + tax (current plan price that just adds an extra 2GB of data)

Is it worth the risk?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

There is also this message:

I can confirm my month-to-month discount is still $25 on a bill generated 8/15 AFTER the new changes had already taken effect.

However I am trying to confirm that he is on the new verizon plan with 6GB of data or more. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but that reads me to me like he has the new verizon plan and is still saving $25 on his month to month discount.

0 Likes
walkerphones
Enthusiast - Level 2

How did you confirm this? Someone else posted the discount did carry over. The lack of guarantee is what is driving me nuts. Did you personally switch and not receive the discount anymore?

0 Likes
walkerphones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where are you getting this $15 per line idea? I have only seen $20 or $40...nothing about $15.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It is choice 1, discounts do not carry over. Unless this person really needs the extra 2 GB for $10, he or she should stick with More a Everything to keep the lower monthly access fee. 

0 Likes
walkerphones
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is how it reads to me too, which would be great, but seems too good to be true. I can't just go in a store and ask b/c I don't believe they really know the answer and they tend to make up stuff as they go along. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The line access fee is regularly $40 and with the Edge discount of $25 it is $15. I realize you have it down as a device discount which is inaccurate. The discount is actually off the line access. It's still the same price either way you slice it though.

0 Likes
walkerphones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know how you have confirmed the discount not carrying over, please.

0 Likes