Re: Please help, Verizon is charging me for a returned device that came up as an empty box
lbh1958
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are in the same situation. We shipped two phones and they told us that they received the first one not the second, so we checked on that phone. Then another agent tells us they received the 2nd not the first. Same story with the warehouse. We have been customers since 1996 never had an issue. We've been dealing with this issue since February 2013 and of course never get call backs we have to call & tell our story over & over. Some agents are polite some are not. It sucks that they've become so big that I think they don't really care about the little guy just the corporations.

Re: Please help, Verizon is charging me for a returned device that came up as an empty box
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We should always be polite and professional to our valued customers Ibh1958! It sounds like your concerns have been reviewed. What were the results of the investigation with our warehouse? Was the same tracking number and box utilized for both devices? If we are unable to locate a specific handset using the tracking and serial number, I apologize our control is limited at that point.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
RE: I was told by Verizon to return my defective phone
sosagirls4
Enthusiast - Level 1

October 2020 I was told after hours/days spent on hold with Verizon and being disconnected multiple times to return my iphone because it was defective since it was writing texts and sending texts on its own.  They even gave the defect a title for what the defective phone was doing.  I was told I would have the replacement iphone on a Tuesday.  Tuesday came and went.  I called Verizon on Wednesday to be told there was no record of my calling and that a replacement phone would be sent out to me.  So I demanded the replacement phone be sent out immediately.  I even said I would go pick it up at a Verizon location.  They told me I could not pick up the replacement phone it had to be sent to me.  On Thursday, not even Wednesday, the replacement phone arrived.  I packed up the defective phone in a box with literally a flimsy envelope to put the defective phone in and went to the UPS store and sent it back.  A week later I got an email saying the phone was not defective and I now owe $880.00 to Verizon.  I called Verizon to tell them I was told that I would not get charged for the defective phone and they told me they couldn't do anything for me.  This time I was on hold for 2 hours 14 minutes, spoke to three departments and they were zero help to me.  I am filing a formal complaint. This is outrageous. I have three phones with Verizon and pay my bill every month that is quite expensive.

Re: RE: I was told by Verizon to return my defective phone
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
RE: I was told by Verizon to return my defective phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sosagirls4 I'm sorry to learn of your experience and we will need to investigate what is going on by looking at your account. We have sent you a private message here in this forum.

0 Likes