Re: Plan issue - no help from customer service
jbcass

I'm not referring to the "everyday" new customer requesting credit for early upgrades 5 months into their contract. I'm talking about a customer of 12 years that has NEVER asked for any exception. And there have been times when I could have, but didn't. Lesson 5 - know your customers.

Look, I'm been a loyal customer of Verizon and have been for a VERY long time. I've been perfectly satisfied up to this point. As a business owner myself, I've always asked my employees to look at the bigger picture when dealing with situations like this. My monthly bill exceeds $400 a month on average. You do the math, that works out to more than $57k lifetime spend. If I leave Verizon, their chance of getting me back in next to zero and that's a lot of lost revenue.

My hope is that there is someone within Verizon sensible enough to stand up and say "Hey, this isn't right. Let's make this right and save the lifetime value of this customer." Verizon might lose $90 in a monthly fee, but would easily get more than $57k back in return.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

If you're a big business man why don't you just pay the $90 and move on?  I understand everything that you're saying but you're also talking to all customers.  The thing is they can't make an exception, because then they would have to for everyone. 

0 Likes
jbcass

Spitxfire,

I do appreciate your observation on people coming to this board to complain. I realize this is an easy place to vent and that's not always fair to Verizon but I'm sure the concerned leaders of the business want this feedback. It only helps strengthen their offerings.

And just so you know, I'd be the first one to return to this board and preach high praise to Verizon if they correct this problem.

<< Comment regarding another member's status removed; Verizon representatives are clearly identified by their screen names and avatar >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jbcass

I did pay the $90 fee as I always pay my bills on time. It's not just about the $90, it's about how a company treats customers. You're right and I'm not arguing your point. I realize Verizon can't make an exception to everyone. But surely as a loyal customer, you can see where a little "forgiveness" can go a long way. Don't you agree that if you were shown an exception, your loyalty to that company would strengthen? I know mine would.

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the first days of cellular service the costs were very expensive and I have had cellular since the days it started. You count the years 35+

The costs today are quite reasonable than when Bell Atlantic, NYNEX, Air Touch, Verizon started out providing service. You see when they and others had a few thousand customers they bent over backwards to keep you as a customer and the company would cater to you with almost anything you want. However now with ninety-nine million customers the days of wanting to keep your business make poor business sense. They can replace your money almost instantly. And will.

Until there is true compatition and companies that have total coverage verizon can just sweep you and I and others away. Remember they are not hungry anymore they are fat with profits and lower costs per customer.

Sorry but that is the way of business today, especially big business. However when they are equal in services and coverage they will be more accommodation to the customers. They will have to or go out of business.

Not applicable

I guess in your mind they should be #5.

#5 When customer make costly mistake the company should eat said cost even if it's the customers fault because somehow it's unfair to have customer actually be responsible for their own mistake so they avoid them in the future.

0 Likes
jbcass

I couldn't agree with you more!! Great point.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jbcass wrote:

No, you're wrong. The mistake was created because the online site did not present all the information. There's some improvements to usability that would eliminate this for any future customer looming to make a change

Except earlier when asked "You should have made the changes retro-active to the beginning of your billing cycle"

you said

jbcass wrote:

Unfortunately, I did on the first change,

So you HAVE done this before so what's your excuse for not know how this works?

0 Likes
jbcass

As I've stated from the beginning, I did make a mistake. I don't refute that. But the wording on the change request is not clear and I'd hate to see this happen to anyone else. The app could have clearly spelled out that there would be an overage charge. It does not. It says there "may be" a fee incurred. Come on, they can do better than that.

0 Likes
jbcass

You're missing the point John. Read through the points, maybe you'll understand after you read through everything.

0 Likes