Re: Plan issue - no help from customer service
jbcass

Read my last post. You're completely missing the point.

0 Likes
jbcass

No, you're wrong. The mistake was created because the online site did not present all the information. There's some improvements to usability that would eliminate this for any future customer looming to make a change

0 Likes
Not applicable

No, you simply did not understand what you were doing.  It is very easy and clear how to do this.  You can make it effective at once, in the future, or in the past.  If you do it at once, you get part of the month at the old amount and part of the month at the new amount.  These amounts are prorated based on the percentage of the month each was in effect.  If you went from 2GB to 4GB, you don't get 6GB.  You would get 1GB plus 2GB for a total of 3GB, for instance, if you did it 1/2 way through the month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jbcass wrote:

Read my last post. You're completely missing the point.

No I'm not. You could have avoided this by backdating the plan to the start of the billing period. But you didn't want to pay for a full month of data even though you wanted to entire amount of data for the month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jbcass wrote:

How about indicating on the acceptance screen the amount you would be charged.

Backdate the plan to the start of the month and that is very easy to figure out.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

There must be millions of people that change their plans online and very few run into this issue.  Once again, suck it up and deal, you made a mistake so you have to pay for it.  You'll know better next time.

0 Likes
jbcass

I'm gonna help you out with a little lesson on customer service since it's obvious you don't know or understand customer services at all. Below is an excerpt from one of the leading professionals on how to deliver a GREAT customer experience. As you can see from not only my comments but others in this forum, Verizon doesn't get this and obviously doesn't care. And because of their inexperienced and poorly trained reps, they are failing to recognize this. This will hurt Verizon in the end. I'm only trying to help Verizon see how it might improve their position. Enough said.

1. Give customers the benefit of the doubt. Proving to him why he’s wrong and you’re right isn’t worth losing a customer over. You will never win an argument with a customer, and you should never, ever put a customer in that position.

2. If a customer makes a request for something special, do everything you can to say yes. The fact that a customer cared enough to ask is all you need to know in trying to accommodate him. It may be an exception from your customer service policy, but (if it isn’t illegal) try to do it. Remember you are just making one exception for one customer, not making new policy. Mr. Marshall Field was right-on in his famous statement: "Give the lady what she wants."

3. Are your customer service associates properly trained in how to handle a customer complaint or an irate person? Give them guidelines for what to say and do in every conceivable case. People on the frontline of a situation play the most critical role in your customer’s experience. Make sure they know what to do and say to make that customer’s experience a positive, pleasant one.

4. Want to know what your customers think of your company? Ask them! Compose a "How're We Doing?" card and leave it at the exit or register stand, or include it in their next statement. Keep it short and simple. Ask things like: what it is they like; what they don’t like; what they would change; what you could do better; about their latest experience there, etc. To ensure the customer sends it in, have it pre-stamped. And if the customer has given their name and address, be sure to acknowledge receipt of the card.

Remember that the big money isn’t as much in winning customers as in keeping customers. Each individual customer’s perception of your company will determine how well you do this and that perception will depend on the level of customer service you provide.

0 Likes
Not applicable

JD Powers & Associates has given Verizon Wireless their highest award for customer service in the industry for four years in a row. Maybe not everyone gets great customer service all the time but evidently most do.

Just a thought to ponder.

Not applicable

what you dont understand is when you have thousands of customers calling everyday asking for credits on there bill and early upgrades 5 months into their contract. the "remember you are just making an exception" and "give her what she wants" is not an exception, its millions of dollars, and verizon would not be able to exist doing your "lesson on customer service"

spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Congratulations on knowing how to copy and paste something.  None of us are saying that we work for Verizon, so don't start by giving a lecture, well someone elses lecture.  I am just stating what everyone else has as to what happened.  So I don't appreicate you saying "I'm going to give YOU a lesson" at least state it to everyone.  So are you also the leader of a multi-billion dollar company?  I think Verizon is doing alright with everything, most people that are on here do it to complain, rarely do people ever come on here to say they're happy with a service that was provided.

0 Likes