Plan issue - no help from customer service
jbcass

I just got off the phone with Joey in customer service. Clearly the Verizon website was not clear in prorating a bill. (Joey even had trouble loading the site while I was on the phone and had to put me on hold while he figured out the problem!) long and short, I was charged $90 for overages of data after I clearly had changed my plan limits. Verizon is not willing to correct the problem and would rather lose a loyal customer of 12 years!!! I can't believe they'd be willing to let me leave. Thanks for nothing Joey - I'll see if AT&T wants my money and the next 12 years of monthly charges.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Plan issue - no help from customer service
Not applicable

and we will see you back with verizon shortly after you have one bad customer service expireince with at&t

0 Likes
Not applicable

You should have made the changes retro-active to the beginning of your billing cycle.  That's very clear.

0 Likes
jbcass

This is the typical response I expect from a very arrogant group like Verizon Wireless customer service.

1. Maybe I'll come back in 12 years

2. Heavy price for Verizon to pay because their Customer Service group is so bent on following their scripts and policy rather than looking for a simple solution that would save a customer with a lifetime spend probably on the $100s of thousands.

It's a shame to see such a good, long standing relationship thrown away.

Given my business also uses the service, we won't be renewing that contract either.

0 Likes
jbcass

Unfortunately, I did on the first change, it was the second change where it was not clearly spelled out in the change warning. They certainly could have told me doing it one way would cost me $90 where the other would not coat me a dime. any reasonably prudent person would have selected an option to reduce overall spend but it didn't

0 Likes
Not applicable

No one here is form customer service. we are all customers like you. Unlike you we don't expect Verizon to pay from OUR mistakes.

Not applicable

It's common sense. If you have say a 2 GB data plan and its halfway through the month and you change plans you're only entitled to 1 GB out of the 2. 2 X 1/2 =1. If you start a 4 GB plan then it's common sense that since you'll only have it for half the month you'll only be entitled to 2 GB 4 X 1/2=2. Which part confused you?

0 Likes
Not applicable

jbcass wrote:

any reasonably prudent person would have selected an option to reduce overall spend but it didn't

In other words you expected to get the higher amount of data but not pay for it all? Trying to go cheap ALWAYS ends up bad.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Put the 'loyalty' card back in the deck.  Like everyone has already stated you were supposed to make it retroactive, Verizon didn't screw up, you did, it's ok people make mistakes, you messed up just pay for it and next time you'll know to call customer service to make plan changes, or if you do it online again you'll know better next time. 

0 Likes
jbcass

How about indicating on the acceptance screen the amount you would be charged. Verizon has all of this information and could EASILY program their app to do this. Like I said, no reasonable person or business would select the prorating option where they would be charged a new plan fee AND an overage fee. It's common sense!

0 Likes