Phone won't work in Global Network mode
TCHINDS
Enthusiast - Level 2

What would prevent a LG V10 from working in Global Network mode? It works if it is manually switched to LTE/CDMA. The problem with manually changing this setting is it defaults back to Global every time the phone is rebooted.

Labels (1)
Re: Phone won't work in Global Network mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TCHINDS,

We always want to make sure you have a phone that is working properly. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. When did this issue start? What services are impacted when in Global Mode(Calls/text/data)? What zip code are you in?

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TCHINDS
Enthusiast - Level 2

DerekR,

This is my girlfriend's phone which I gave her. She is not tech savvy and I'm trying to help her out. Her phone stopped working so I gave her the LG V10 and she went to her Verizon store and had it switched to her account. The zip code she lives in is 74562 and text and data are affected I'm not 100% about calls. She's had the phone about a month. She first noticed the problem after the phone updated. It is possible the person at the Verizon store set the phone to LTE/CDMA and when it restarted after the update it defaulted back to Global and it wasn't the update that affected it. The root question is why Global isn't working.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TCHINDS,

It's so nice of you to help her out, so let's figure out what's going on. Please allow me to gather some information. When you gve her the V10 and she switched it to her account, is she still having an issue? I've reviewed the zip code you provided, and I see that there are some challenges there. Let me ask, is she using her service to dial internationally when this happens, or is she having trouble with every call she makes? Please provide some additional information, so we can help.

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TCHINDS
Enthusiast - Level 2

ChristinaB,

She doesn't make international calls. She really doesn't need to use the global setting. LTE/CDMA would be fine, but the problem is the phone always reverts back to global and then stops working until it is manually switched back to LTE/CDMA. I do understand that that area is challenging and that there is limited service in some areas, but when I am there my phone works on the global setting. I would like to either find a way to make the phone stay on LTE/CDMA or work on global.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TCHINDS, thanks so much for this information as it does help. I'd like to make some changes in her settings with your assistance as we can attempt to stop this setting form switching. Please go to Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Data Roaming access> Deny data roaming access. Please let me know if this helps as assistance is here.

NatashaA_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes