Phone spoofed
THOTHO52

i have learned from Verizon that my phone # has been spoofed. What are my options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone spoofed
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you know who spoofed it (like my kids have done to me on occasion, for laughs) there's not much you can do.  It's highly likely that it's random and just happens to be your number they picked up.

You could change your number, but that's a hassle, and there's no guarantee it won't happen to that number too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a lot I'm afraid.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, unless you know who spoofed it (like my kids have done to me on occasion, for laughs) there's not much you can do.  It's highly likely that it's random and just happens to be your number they picked up.

You could change your number, but that's a hassle, and there's no guarantee it won't happen to that number too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THOTHO52, that is very unfortunate to hear. Here at Verizon, we take the security of your account information very seriously. You do have the option to change your mobile number via your My Verizon or we can help you with the process as well. We also recommend checking your online account and passwords to ensure that no fraudulent activity has occurred. If you do wish to change your mobile number, here is a link to help you do this online, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-phone-number-video/. If you need our assistance, please reach out to us via Private Message on Facebook or by sending me a Direct Message. To do this, just follow, here: vzw_customer_support , and send a direct message if needed. Thank you!

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes