Phone lost in mail by USPS. Neither party willing to act.
Waphles

On October 9th, my phone bit the dust and I went to a Verizon store for repairs.  There was no hope for the device, (Samsung Galaxy S3) and they agreed to send a replacement to me.  This replacement was expected to arrive on October 17th.  That didn't happen. After being 7 days overdue, I filed a claim with USPS.  USPS sent me a response that acknowledges my claim, but offers no follow up on what happens next. 

Next, I went to the Verizon store with the claim papers from USPS in hand, and Verizon employees tell me that they can't do anything until the location of the originally shipped phone known.  Meanwhile, I'm still paying $100+ per month and a $500 fee for not returning the old phone in time.

I've continued to work at the USPS side of my problem and have made no progress.  After a few days of phone tag and constantly being redirected to other offices, I find out that my package may or may not have been sent to a Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta, GA.  The only way to claim packages from this place is for the sender to file a form that states the type packaging, shipping label ID's and the exact contents of the package.  This form doesn't seem to exist online, and when I went to an actual post office, the employees had no idea what to do in this scenario. 

The employees at the Verizon store won't do anything.  USPS won't do anything.  I've gone over a month without a phone because of this mess.  I can't find any means of talking to a live person on this site, so maybe posting something will work. This is how you lose business.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone lost in mail by USPS.  Neither party willing to act.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Waphles, here's a 2nd pair of eyes to look into this for you. Did USPS confirm that someone signed for that device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waphles

No.  According to the tracking on their website, it was never delivered.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean by never delivered? Is it still at the Post Office? Did they return to sender?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjhilgers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow this is terrible and sounds like the EXACT thing I'm going through.

My Galaxy stopped charging after 5 months. The local Verizon simply ordered me a replacement. It came and I sent the old one back this Monday. Today I get a text from Verizon threatening that if I don't send it back I'll be charged up to $500. I went to track the shipment with the tracking number from their prepaid USPS sticker and it says invalid. Called USPS and they're worthless. Tried to ensure the package but since Verizon is the owner I couldn't with their prepaid postage. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the phone to ship back? I'm not getting fined for using their shipping label and sending via USPS whose the WORST choice ever for sending anything. Anyone have any other advice or suggestions?

Re: Phone lost in mail by USPS. Neither party willing to act.
B33
Legend

Just for the asking when you entered the number for the Tracking did you enter all the numbers side by side with no spaces no dashes with these tracking numbers you have to do exactly that.. I sent back a phone the exact same way Through USPS and when I entered the numbers it said enter all numbers with no spaces..

Its also Good practice to take Pictures of the phone in the box open then sealed with the Label attached.. Follow the Link below..

Real Racing 3 App Update.. Killed my Phone.!

0 Likes