Phone has data/txt service ,but no voice service?
CASTANIENT

I live in Northern OH area (Findlay/Toledo) and as of yesterday my phone has stopped placing or receiving calls.If I try to call out the call simply fails,and if I call in from another phone the call goes straight to voice-mail .Oddly enough my SMS and Data/Internet still work fine,and the phones on the other two lines on my account both work perfectly.I assumed there had been a failed update etc. so I tried the *228 reprogramming routine, but no luck there either.Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone has data/txt service ,but no voice service?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your phone model? Have you reseated the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like your just running off of wifi. Like Ann154​ said we need to know what kind of phone you have to be able to help with anything like this.

0 Likes
CASTANIENT

Well this phone is my father's and its an older flip-phone and has no sim card.Its a locked Verizon phone.Its a LG vx8300 and it also has no wifi . I still think its something to do with provisioning,or the programming from Verizon,and I suspect it may be that with this last update that these phones are no longer supported.Hopefully,today I will be able to find the time it requires to stay on the phone with CS and get this worked out. He has had this phone with them for 4 years,and it would have been nice if they would have contacted him if they were going to discontinue supporting his phone,but I guess they don't have time for that.Thanks for the input,though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Castanient, we want to make sure that we get the device properly functioning once more. Do you recall making any changes to the device when calls were no longer being taken by the device? Also, have you tried outdialing from the device in different distant locations to ensure that the issue isn't native to the area where you are currently located?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CASTANIENT

I decided to just go ahead and order him a new phone,as this line was eligible for an upgrade,and I really don't have the time to fool around with this nonsense.So, basically,problem solved.

0 Likes