Phone frequently misses calls
abm007

I frequently miss calls. People report calling me, but my phone doesn't ring or anything and I only know from voicemail notifications. I can sometimes replicate the problem from my landline phone. But sometimes calls do come through. Hard to say, but I'm guessing 50/50. Seems to happen whether in WiFi coverage or not. Happens even when I'm sitting at my desk where one minute calls don't come through and the next minute they do. Rebooting the phone seems to temporarily help. Text messages usually come through, but today I had an example of one that was sent at 8:00 last night but I didn't receive until this morning immediately following a reboot.

I've tried rebooting (obviously), changing network type to global or US LTE/CDMA, enabling/disabling enhanced voice, enabling/disabling Wifi calling. Missed calls come from mobiles and landlines both. Missed calls come from numbers that work normally at other times. Not a ringer issue. Doesn't seem to be location dependent (happens at work, home, on the road, everywhere).

When I've been able to test call it, the calls just go immediately to voicemail.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S7. Updated to Android Oreo 8.0 in June, but was having this problem before that update and still having the problem after so I don't think that's the problem.

Help? It's really frustrating since I'm missing important calls, both business and personal.

Sorry in advance if this is covered on the forum, I looked but didn't find this problem. Please point me to the post if this is already answered.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone frequently misses calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abm007, this definitely is an issue. We never want you to miss any important calls. We know how important your cellular service is to you. When did this start? Is this happening at a specific location only or all locations? Are there other devices having the same issue? 

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abm007

Thanks for responding!

It has been happening for a while, but seems to be getting more common (or I'm getting better at watching for it and asking people who were trying to get hold of me). I did a number of experiments at my desk yesterday and could get it to happen seemingly randomly. It does happen to me in many locations (home, office, driving). I seem to be the only one having this issue. The most common place is probably my office because that's where I am when people try to call me. At my desk (by a window) I have 3-4 bars of LTE coverage so it's not like I'm on the edge of coverage.

0 Likes
abm007

And since I wasn't very specific, I'd say it's been happening for a few months. It took me a while to figure out that the problem was on my end and to figure out how many calls I was missing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, abm007. We understand how important it is to have access to your service in different locations, however we cannot guarantee coverage indoors. I would suggest taking advantage of wifi in this case. 

CecileC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abm007

I've had this happen a lot, both on and off wifi, as well as while on the road outdoors. I have it happen and not happen in one place with consistent coverage. I don't think it's just a coverage issue. I do take advantage of Wifi, that isn't solving the problem.

Any other advice?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, do you recall when did this problem started happening? Do you know if this is a problem that happens to other people in the area as well?

Alfredo_VZW

0 Likes