Phishing Call After Buying Phone @ Best Buy??
MaryAlyce99

I received a call today similar to others. "Log in to this web site and we'll give you $60." I think it was myverizon60.com.

When I called Verizon and gave them the number, it was Verizon's number. In other words, the real number calling me had been displayed as the Verizon phone number.

QUESTION: Has anyone else started receiving these calls after buying a phone at a 3rd party vendor (Costco, Best Buy, etc)?

I've been with Verizon for about 15 years and have never received any calls like this. Now, within a week or so of buying a phone at Best Buy, I get this one. As an analyst, I find the timing very interesting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phishing Call After Buying Phone @ Best Buy??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It definitely sounds like a scam similar to the other that have been going around. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned a connection to Best Buy before though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Trooper2578
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the same call the other day but I have not purchased a phone from anywhere but Verizon.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trooper2578, protecting your privacy is a priority for us! However, we encourage you to take every precaution in guarding your personal information against phishing scams by not providing any of your personal or account information. For more information regarding Phishing, click http://vz.to/1dXuKc2

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
siogwah

Just received a call from 800-922-4444 saying I've been awarded a 30 credit to my bill and to go to verizon30.com and

login to claim reward. The address verizon30.com resolves to 168.144.109.2 (in ontario canada) but when I went to the

web site it immediately forwarded to 190.167.35.218 (in finland) they did a good job of duplicating verizons website with

the exception of the webserver hostname was not configured... only so much you can do when hacking into a server.

0 Likes