People cannot hear me over VoLTE
hotpxl

I use a Intel modem iPhone X (that means VoLTE only) and live in a high rise in Jersey City.

I get constant full bar signal, and speed test almost always gives me 10/0.42 Mbps.

When I place or pick up a call, I can hear the other party clearly, but almost always the other party hears me tapping in and out.

And because the "signal strength" is strong, Wi-Fi calling auto-switching doesn't kick in. So let's not discuss it here.

Is there any way to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People cannot hear me over VoLTE
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

An upload of 0.42Mbps suggests a weak return path to the tower. Unfortunately, field test mode is broken on the Intel model of the iPhone X so we can't use that to get some signal information. Do you have a Qualcomm device handy which you can toss your SIM into, that supports Bands 2, 4, and 13?

0 Likes
hotpxl

Unfortunately I don't. Is there another way to test?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not that I'm aware of. When the upload is higher, do people report less issues with your audio?

0 Likes
hotpxl

Yes. So I live in a high rise. At the bottom of the building I can get around 10 Mbps or more upload. And the audio issue is gone.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You can put the phone in airplane mode then turn wi-fi back on to use wi-fi calling. Maybe get a iPhone that works with Verizon.

0 Likes