Payment
TM2418

It crazy how some people can be 30 to 60 days late paying and mine gets shut off after 12 days.  I understand I was late however a little consistency with how customers are treated would be nice

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Payment
Weth
Legend

Are you a new customer? Do you have a history of paying late?

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Those deadbeats who go 30-60 days are the ones who play the system.  What happens is that they call in time to prevent shutoff and get an extension.  Before that extension ends, the deadbeat calls back to dispute the bill.  Mind you, the bill is completely accurate but the deadbeat is playing the system.  One way they get more time is by saying "I don't have time for this, you (the customer service rep) research this and call me back."  Vague remarks (or none at all) are typed on the account about a dispute but with all the call center crap the employees have to deal with from their management, nothing gets done.  Meanwhile, the deadbeat calls in again and again with conflicting claims about extensions and disputed bills, all the while saying that VZW can't turn off service until it can verify the bill's correctness and allow even more time for it to be paid.  No research gets done because of overwork and the reps' job requirement to handle so many calls per day.  And if it goes to "financial services" (the pc name for "collections," but that sounds aggressive) and disputes the bill, financial services leaves the service on and shoots the caller back to customer service and the whole process starts all over again.

You don't sound like a deadbeat, in fact, you didn't say anything about asking for extensions or bill research.  You simply were late, let the original deadline come and go and got upset at being shut off.  Its not as if other people arbitrarily get more time than you do, they're just playing the bureaucracy against itself.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was this the first time you were late paying the bill? If you are constantly late paying the bill, that is grounds for disconnection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
marauderguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I worked for a Telco's collection department back in the 90s (landline). This happened then. Some things never change.