Password issues
whzerd

how do you enter a password from the device keys that involves capital letters? And for a "c" in the password do you enter"222" or what ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get into voice mail/password issues...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's find out how to enter capital letters and that c whzerd! What is you device model?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Password issues
whzerd

It's a Samsung - doesn't have anything other than on the case. I think it was an "Intensity" or something sounding like that.

From my ,./$&@ iPad Mini

0 Likes
whzerd

It is an Intensity III

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whzerd,

We'll get this figured out! When using the top keypad on the phone, a capital letter can be introduced by pressing the * key proceeding the letter you are trying to enter. You are correct that, in order to enter a different letter from the top keypad, you will need to depress the corresponding button several times to get the number or letter you need. Being that this phone has a full QWERTY keyboard, you can get to the exact letter you need right away using the SHIFT key to create a capital letter.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
whzerd

The Intensity III DOES NOT HAVE A QWERTY KEYBOARD.

0 Likes
whzerd

Is there any way to clear my mailboxes from inside my account – I can easily get into the account with the standard keyboard on my computer?

0 Likes
whzerd

The mailboxes on the Samsung device are empty – its the ones on the account or somewhere in the net that keeps saying my mailboxes are full. I still cant get the lady that says “please enter your password” after I press “1” to accept my password. He responds with “this number is incorrect”. A pox on her.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you talking about email?  Or voicemail?  Your voicemail password should be all numbers, so it can be easily entered from a dial keypad.  When you call voicemail, you should be prompted to enter your password, then #.  What happens when you dial *86 on your phone?  What happens if you dial your full 10-digit number?

0 Likes
whzerd

I am talking about some place that Verizon stores messages (voicemail or whatever) that is not on my device. I have emptied the boxes on my device but when people call to leave a message they get told that my boxes are full. I was not aware that there were other places that things were stored until the staff at the local Verizon Store told me about them. They also said after I got in to press 7 and hold it down. Since I never got that far because of the password issue that didnt work either.

When I press *86 I get a message to “Please enter your password – then press #” I get the same message when I use 1 I get speedial to the same place. I’m not sure what to do to clear whatever is out there somewhere but I will change my password to all numbers and see what happens.

Bill

0 Likes