Owe verizon from last year, if paid, will I get my service back?
ericmoxley

Had it at the beginning of 2013 before I lost my job and wasn't able to pay. I then called some sort of service thing they transferred me to about 20+ times during 1 call a few months ago and they said I owed ~500 bucks or something and I could just pay it all off at once from there. You would think they'd stop it after 1-2 months, but whatever. I've got the money to pay it off, but I'd only do it if I get my service back. I still have my Droid DNA i'll gladly use, but I'm not sure if they'll reactivate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Owe verizon from last year, if paid, will I get my service back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the consideration for rejoining our family ericmoxley. I know its frustrating to walk into the unknown of paying so much when you don't know if service will be reactivated but the bill may also go into collections if not paid. Since service may have been off a long time without payment, it may not reactivate with full payment and a credit check may need to be done again. I recommend paying the bill and requesting service again with the phone you have. Once the bill has been paid the request can be made and based on a few different factors will determine if service can be reactivated. When was service terminated? Has the bill gone into collections yet?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You see trying to hold verizon wireless hostage with I will pay the bill if you turn me back on is not going to work.

Verizon cannot trust you to pay your bill. So my guess is that you pay the bill, they then ask for a huge deposit to make sure you will pay the bill in the future. Miss a payment lose your deposit. They turn you off and that will be it.

Just go and get a prepaid phone and service.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I am sure if you pay off your balance Verizon would be happy to re-activate your service. You may have to pay a security deposit, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the consideration for rejoining our family ericmoxley. I know its frustrating to walk into the unknown of paying so much when you don't know if service will be reactivated but the bill may also go into collections if not paid. Since service may have been off a long time without payment, it may not reactivate with full payment and a credit check may need to be done again. I recommend paying the bill and requesting service again with the phone you have. Once the bill has been paid the request can be made and based on a few different factors will determine if service can be reactivated. When was service terminated? Has the bill gone into collections yet?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ericmoxley

It was deactivated sometime in february or march, it's already sent to collections. I would pay the bill and whatever deposit required to get my phone back, but if it's just simply " I can't get my phone back up no matter what I do or pay," then I can't afford that at the moment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ericmoxley,
We would love to get your phone back up and running on the Verizon Wireless network! Yes, the best option is to pay the fees and begin new service. You can then activate your existing phone. If you need any additional assistance you can reach out at 800-852-1922. Thank you and I'm glad to have you back!

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MONKNO81

As long as it’s a Verizon phone, meaning it’s already paid for or it’s a phone you brought to Verizon, then I would suggest not even worrying about “getting your service back on” via post paid. I would go with Verizon prepaid and ditch the postpaid service. Of course, again, the phone you’re wanting to use has to your own phone or one that’s been paid off entirely.

0 Likes