Our cell phones have very poor signal in our apartment in Cockeysville, Maryland
VZ5681

Since we moved in a rental apartment in Cockeysville, Maryland from North Carolina recently, our cell phones (iPhone6s) with a Verizon family plan don't work. They have only one signal  bar or none at home. Sometimes when I receive a phone call or make a call if I am lucky, the other side can't hear from me for a completed sentence. If I go outside of the building, I may have 2 bars and make some phone calls.When I call a cell phone at home from work, two of three would not be connected and the home cell phone does not have a missed call signal. Therefore, I assume I might have lost some important phone calls since then.

This has bothered us a lot. We started to ask around and were told that AT&T and TMobile work in our area. My son and daughter encourage me to transfer to another company. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Our cell phones have very poor signal in our apartment in Cockeysville, Maryland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZ5681 Great news. Neither of the options I mentioned have any additional cost. One thing to be aware of with the roaming is if you live close to the border with Mexico or Canada. Another great piece of news is this new technology for Wi-Fi calling coming soon. http://spr.ly/6587BT30X
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Our cell phones have very poor signal in our apartment in Cockeysville, Maryland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZ5681 You deserve the best signal everywhere. We regret if that hasn't been the case at your home. We do not want to lose you over this. How long ago did you move there? What is your zip code? Does this happen in the area or just in your home?

Please explain, "When I call a cell phone at home from work, two of three would not be connected and the home cell phone does not have a missed call signal."

JoelRR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VZ5681

We have moved in our apartment since August. The zip-code is 21030. It happens to the area, 3 bars near York Road, 2 bars around our building, and 1 bar in our home.

Recently when I called my iPhone6 Plus from my work to my wife's iPhone6 at home, three times only got once connected with very bad connection. With the two failures calls, there were no even "missed calls" in her phones which means she did not know I called. So I thought she and I might have lost phone calls from others but did not know we were called.

Please help!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon will likely not be able to do much besides the long drawn out process of trying to install a mini cell near you. Unlikely unless you are in a market where Verizon is needing more density.

As you have 2-3 bars outside, it may be worthwhile to consider a cell phone repeater system that will help you and your neighbors with service. It's something that can be pitched in for complex-wide. Invest in something capable of LTE. The building management may be of some help here.

. Verizon does sell a Network extender, although be aware that these come at an additonal cost of needing broadband service at home, plus any data caps the broadband ISP may have for excessive data use. It.also does 3G only, so it has compatibility problems with newer devices. They also cause problems for other tenants barely in range of the extender, whereas your standard phone repeater wouldn't cause issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZ5681 Thanks for that helpful information. After looking at the area it does appear that there are some geographical challenges for line of sight. Do you have voice and data roaming active on the phones? I would also recommend activating Advanced Calling. http://spr.ly/6580BT39i
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
VZ5681

Do the items you mentioned have additional cost to us?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZ5681 Great news. Neither of the options I mentioned have any additional cost. One thing to be aware of with the roaming is if you live close to the border with Mexico or Canada. Another great piece of news is this new technology for Wi-Fi calling coming soon. http://spr.ly/6587BT30X
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
VZ5681

OK. I will test one of them and hope it works.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes