Ordered phone online and Verizon will not take care of their mistakes
mholston

I have spent over 10 hours purchasing a new phone.  Went to multiple stores to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S6 64gb Platinum Gold Phone.  None of them had one in stock and since I live over an hour from a Verizon Store.  They recommended that I purchase the phone online.  Which I did on 6/22.  The phone came in about 4 days and we realized the camera did not work.  Tried all of the troubleshooting methods to determine whether this was a hardware issue or software issue.  Called on 6/29 to get a replacement phone.  New phone arrived on 7/1 - but incorrect phone, 32 gb.  I called immediately to get this resolved and was on the phone with Verizon Wireless for 2 hours and spoke with 4 different people.  A manager said the had to override the order since there was a replacement phone already on the order.  They assured me at the end of the conversation that everything was good and that my phone would arrive in 2 days.  It is not 7/8 and I haven't received the phone, I called back to see what the status was.  Today I was told that Verizon will not send me the phone because there is already a replacement phone out there.  And that I would have to ship both phones back before they would ship me the correct phone.  I am not going without a phone so that they can correct their problem.  So then, they told me to just go to a store to straighten this out.  Which I am sure is going to cost me another few hours outside of the travel time to the store.  I offered to send the 32gb incorrect phone back while I waited on the correct phone and they told me that wasn't going to work.  By far this is the worst experience I have had in my 15 years of service on 8 phone lines with Verizon.  Someone at Verizon needs to correct this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ordered phone online and Verizon will not take care of their mistakes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for the experience, mholston. I want to make sure this is looked at closely and rectified. This is not the experience we want you to have. Please accept my follow request and reply to my message so I can further assist with this matter.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

The reason why it is done like that is to prevent fraud. Even if the wrong phone was ordered, there's nothing stopping you from saying "screw them, im.gonna sell it" and now they are out a device. It's been like that for years. Why can't you reactivate your old phone and send the phones back so you can get the correct one?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There is no need to send the original S6 back. Just the replacement that was sent incorrectly.

0 Likes