Order Status/Porting a number
tengps

I've ordered a SIM card online (2-23-17) so I can port my number to have Verizon service. I had to pay a $125 deposit. It's been paid and I actually talked to someone at Verizon and they told me everything was ready to go. I'm still waiting for the SIM card and I checked my order status and it says that my order has been received and it's still processing.

I called Consumer Sales today and they transferred me (three-way with another representative) to another department and the representative found my order. He told me that I did not have an account only a shell account. We were told that sales would be able to send me a SIM card. We were then transferred back, then all of a sudden my call was dropped. Really? I waited and waited patiently to get some help and it appeared that we were getting the bottom of things.

So, I waited and waited hoping that someone would call me back. No call. So I called Consumer sales again and again they transferred me to someone else. She asked me for an account number, which I did not have because I am not a customer yet. I told her there was a shell account for me and asked me for that too. Which I also did not have. Well, this representative could not find anything that I gave her (the reference number to the last call, my phone number I was trying to port, the order number or my name). Finally, I gave her my SSN and it popped up. It makes no sense that the last call I made, everything popped up using my order number and location number. After talking to her for some time, she told me that she had to create a new account number for me. So I waited yet again...she came back telling me the only thing I can do is go to my nearest Verizon store to get a SIM card.

After one and a half hour, this is the resolution that I get? What the [Removed] am I supposed to do because that wasn't really solving my issue? Is there anyone out there that can help me with this?

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Order Status/Porting a number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

/tengps,

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us, especially as a new customer. We want to make you feel welcomed and make sure it's smooth sailing from here on out. Let's make sure the SIM card is on its way to you. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I've sent you so we can fully resolve all of your concerns.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You could go to a corporate store. They can find your account and they have SIM cards in store. They can attach one to your account and give it to you.

0 Likes
tengps

I tried that too. I went there and they tried but I was told that they could not override anything that I had because the order was not made at the store. They then told me that I had to call customer care do it myself. I called them at the store. One of the representative deleted my order so that they could give me SIM card at the store. Then they came back later and told me I had to call a different number to validate myself. It was the fraud department. They asked me a bunch of question and comes back at me like, they can't approve my application because there have been too many applications turned in. I didn't turn them in or applied more than once. I think what happens was that for every new person that I talked to they tried to fix it by screwing things up more and more. If I would have just gotten my original order like I was told I was going to, this might not have happened. I didn't screw up, they did and now I'm in between a move and current carrier is already expecting me to leave.

0 Likes