Options for Credit balance on prepaid account?
maryann129

I have a regular Verizon account and I also have a prepaid account for my daughter's phone.  We have about $500 credit on her prepaid account and she recently lost her prepaid phone.  I do not want to have to purchase another prepaid phone because I am probably just going to have her added onto my regular account or even give her my phone because I have a work phone I use.  How can I get the prepaid balance transferred to my regular account or what are my options for not losing that money other than buying a new prepaid phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Options for Credit balance on prepaid account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KerryPay,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I can definitely understand how upsetting this whole situation has been for you. Please reach out to our prepaid customer service at 888-294-6804 for assistance. They will be more than happy to help get this all straighten out.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

According to this, PrePay Customer Agreement, you will not get a refund. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=PREPAY_WSA&jspName=footer/prepayAgreement.jsp

If you signed up for Prepaid Service, no refunds will be granted after 14 days or if your account has been activated.

If you're a Prepaid customer, you won't be entitled to a refund of any balance on your account.

0 Likes
KerryPay

That is not what my Verizon store rep told me. My phone is too old and I have $400 on a prepaid that rolled over every month on auto pay; therefore, my balance continued to rise if I did not use all my money. I asked if I bought another phone that had more features if I could change my plan to a prepaid smartphone plan and still keep my $400 balance.

He stated I could keep my balance of $400. The reason I asked was because phones die and I did not want to be penalized for a phone becoming unsupported by software either. Verizon stopped the service of Get It Now downloadabled music that I had bought the phone particularly to use as an MP3 player and now the phone cannot synch with my laptop.

The phone is useless as an MP3 player now. This is not my fault; therefore, I needed to get another phone. The Verizon Rep said I could absolutely keep my balance and change to a prepaid smart phone monthly plan when I purchased my other phone.

He stated it just needed to work on the Verizon Network; therefore, I have purchased an older phone that has a keyboard.

Verizon's prepaid phone website asked if you want the plan and also has the option the BYOD "Do you have your own device?" and asks what the code is of the phone to start the phone service and keep your old Verizon number.

The manager or the Verizon rep will get a small claims action if I cannot activate the phone I bought on their  Network because I asked all the needed questions before I purchased my phone today on the internet. It is called "Truth in Advertising".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KerryPay,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I can definitely understand how upsetting this whole situation has been for you. Please reach out to our prepaid customer service at 888-294-6804 for assistance. They will be more than happy to help get this all straighten out.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The problem lies with the fact the user does not want to get another pre-paid phone. He wants to add his daughter to his post-paid account. Yes, he would have been able to keep the balance if he activates another phone on the pre-paid line. Unfortunately, I don't think a pre-paid balance will transfer to a post-paid account.

It can't hurt to ask, though.Smiley Happy

0 Likes