Opt out of secret VZW tracking, UIDH?
goletaguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I get VZW to not send personal identifier, UIDH, out to Websites that I visit? I do not find it on the privacy page?

Labels (1)
Re: Opt out of secret VZW tracking, UIDH?
NickinAtlanta

cricket, cricket, cricket...

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That's because there's no way to do it.

IF you use wifi, it doesn't add the tracking identifier, or if you go to an https page. 

CHeck heck your code here: Simple test page for Cellular ISP tracking beacons - by Kenn White

Craig1832
Enthusiast - Level 1

How? You, me, and enough other Verizon customers need to threaten to cancel our service if they don't comply. Verizon has the highest prices in the cell phone biz, and they completely violate their customers' privacy. What's not to love?

A_Woman
Enthusiast - Level 3

{lease check out the links to information and places to complain at the following thread.

Re: How can I opt out of the broadcast UID Verizon has been putting in all of my web traffic, austen...

The last time I checked (a couple of days ago) the UID has been removed from the browser header on my phone. I made a complaint to the FCC regarding this.

mikkibarry_esq
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine is still there.  It may have been removed and then put back, but as of today, the header string is there.  I find it very worrisome that Verizon STILL has not responded.

A_Woman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, the UID has been reinserted into my browser, so I called the Verizon person back (who contacted me regarding my complaint to the FCC) and told her the UID is back so I will reinitiate my complaint to the FCC about this. If it not removed immediately, I will change service providers. I'm NOT playing with them about this. It really angers me that since I told her the issue was resolved (so she could report this to the FCC), they reinserted the UID. If there's one thing I despise it's having my privacy compromised. If there's another thing I despise even more, it's being double-crossed.

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

It seems like there are three or more similar postings of this issue here. In one of them I submitted a reply, if anyone is interested.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

My UIDH header appears to now be turned off, anyone else's also?