Ok - What's it gonna cost me?
CeCe

I have been with verizon for over 10 years - but I am leaving - (yes, it is the data charges) I want to know exactly what my termination fee going to cost me.  We have 5 lines - 2 got new EnV3's in December, one got a new EnV3 in January.  The other 2 lines are on month to month. 

What will my ETF be? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ok - What's it gonna cost me?
bb1234

I know they used to charge a $175 early term fee. Also, you'll have to pay the origional retail price of each phone...either way it's gonna cost a lot money.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

bb1234 wrote:

I know they used to charge a $175 early term fee. Also, you'll have to pay the origional retail price of each phone...either way it's gonna cost a lot money.

I do not believe you have to pay the retail price of the phone AND the ETF.  A guesstimate for me would be around $525.

0 Likes
CeCe

I thought I read somewhere about a $350 ETF for a family line?  Did I misread this?  So, we will have to ETF for each line.  After doing that - will I be able to sell the phones we had been using?  They won't be blocked or anything, right?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

CeCe wrote:

I thought I read somewhere about a $350 ETF for a family line?  Did I misread this?  So, we will have to ETF for each line.  After doing that - will I be able to sell the phones we had been using?  They won't be blocked or anything, right?

It was mentioned in this article awhile back-->Verizon Raising ETF

".....Verizon is preparing to double its ETF to a whopping $350 if you cancel your service before your contract is up. For users with a simple calling plan, that amount of money can be close to the fees for a year's worth of service."

0 Likes
pmcd1962
Contributor - Level 1

TheGreatOne wrote:

CeCe wrote:

It was mentioned in this article awhile back-->Verizon Raising ETF

".....Verizon is preparing to double its ETF to a whopping $350 if you cancel your service before your contract is up. For users with a simple calling plan, that amount of money can be close to the fees for a year's worth of service."

That sounds fair

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

ETFs are $175 minus $5 for every month you have completed out of your two year contract. So, if you got TWO in December and ONE in January you are looking at roughly $500. To find out for sure, just call customer service and ASK.

Also, depending on where you purchased your phone, you may have to pay upwards of $300 per mobile number as a "defaulted contract" (terminated within 31-180 days of contract). If you signed with corporate, you should be fine. If you signed with an Authorized Agent / Premium Retailer, you may not be so lucky...

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

The $350 ETF applies only to advanced devices, Env3 is NOT an advanced device.  So yes, your ETF will be $175x 3lines minus $5 for each month fullfilled = around $500. To see a list of advanced devices go to this link verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices

0 Likes
fonger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take a look at the message board of the facebook page below, a few days ago someone posted a youtube video guide on how to get out of your wireless contract with out paying ETF:

--

Say No to the Verizon Wireless Data Dictatorship
http://www.facebook.com/oldputter?ref=profile#!/group.php?gid=257808747739&ref=mf

--

There's a clause in their contract allow you to terminate the contract under certain condition.

0 Likes
iwantitcheap

It's against the law to change the terms of a contract and then penalize a signee for not accepting. If it is on your primary number and you choose to not renew because of the cost, then another number has to become your primary. If you don't want the increase on cost you should be able to terminate each line by this logic of not accepting increases in fees. I would assume that you could try this idea to get out of all of them if you are going to be forced to pay extra (for extra services) when you renew.

0 Likes