Number transfer to preorder?
summerdp

I placed my preorder last night (opened a new plan/2 year contract). My order confirmation has assigned me a new phone number. I currently have a verizon number/plan through my parents share/family plan. Will I be able to void the new number that was assigned to the contract and replace it with my existing number??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number transfer to preorder?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then what do you intend to do with your CURRENT plan with your parents?  If you cancel that, there will be an ETF if it is still under contract....

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

NNo you can't do that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

summerdp,

I am glad you were able to place your pre-order. In regards to transferring your telephone number and replacing it with the new number that was assigned to you, I do apologize as this would not be possible. If the line under your parents plan is out of contract you can just disconnect the line. There is also the option if you would like to have the number that is on your parents plan on your new account that you opened you can process an assumption of liability to bring the number over to your new account. http://vz.to/1qUXaek This will allow you to have your current number on your own account but you will still be responsible for the new line that was opened during the pre-order process.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
summerdp

Thank you! I knew there had to be a way to transfer the number--appreciate your response and assistance!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

What LindseyT recommended will leave you with 2 lines on your new account. Is that what you really want?

0 Likes
summerdp

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out. No, I do not want that at all. Looks like I am stuck with a totally new number unless I can cancel my preorder. Both options being totally undesirable. Surprised that with all the technology out there...transferring a number is not possible. Fail. A new number would really disrupt things work-wise and personally. I am going to try and cancel the order. I believe I am able to keep the same number if I go through other service providers, as per their advertisements.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

IIs your current line not eligible for an upgrade?

0 Likes
summerdp

No, it is not. I also want to have my own data plan. I will be terminated the contract for my line, ultimately.

0 Likes
summerdp

Terminating*

0 Likes