Now that the unlimited data plans have increased, are we able to buy subsidized phones again?
whitchcock1112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know that my data plan has been increased from $29,99 to $49.99. This is fine because it is still cost effective, but does this price increase allow us "grandfathered" customers to purchase subsidized phones and keep our unlimited data plans? Or do we still have to pay full price to upgrade our phones and keep our unlimited data plans?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Now that the unlimited data plans have increased, are we able to buy subsidized phones again?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can opt to do device payment plan but you will be paying full retail. You can not get a subsidized device and keep unlimited data

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Now that the unlimited data plans have increased, are we able to buy subsidized phones again?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can opt to do device payment plan but you will be paying full retail. You can not get a subsidized device and keep unlimited data

0 Likes
Lulubholden
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yah so you can get any Apple products directly through apple with a payment plan.  I personally am not giving Verizon a penny more than I absolutely have to.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The payment plan from Apple still has you paying the full retail price of the phone over a period of months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unless you opt to upgrade every year...then you have to look at it as a lease program

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaebfly, thanks for helping us to support our customers. Here's more information regarding our device payment plan:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you have looked into Apple's own fiancing offer, it includes the cost of Apple care plus, which extends the warranty on the iPhone And adds damage protection.  It also gets you in line for an upgrade to the next iPhone if you like to upgrade yearly. 

Worth looking into Since all carriers expect customers to pay retail price for their phones, might as well look for the fringe benefits.

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple

0 Likes