Noticed a lot of posts regarding different rates for the same plan lately
Snn5
Legend

I'm seeing a lot of posts in regards to people being offered more data on their Loyalty plans as of late.  They also state that they keep their present rate. Example:  $50 unlimited talk/text 1 GB plans.  Some people say that they are being offered more data up to 4-6 GB total, but their rate remains unchanged.

If one were to inquire as to why they haven't been extended the same offer, they say that they are met with a flurry of contradicting information.

Example:  They are told that those other customers must have been offered the More Everything Loyalty plan.  That plan comes with a $50 data fee and a $40 access fee and they get 2 GB data. That's $90 monthly before taxes and other fees. That sounds the same as the More Everything plan with $50+$40=$90 cost.  So, how is it that they got more, but kept the same $50 monthly rate?

I myself was not aware that there was a Loyalty plan for More Everything.  I thought they were separate plans, one was the advertised rate (More Everything) and the other was an unadvertised rate (Loyalty) for new contracts on basic phones switched to smartphones and other reasons untold.  Those consumers were also informed that there is a selective system for those offers and that there is no real discernible way to gauge how often or to whom it is offered, based on length of time as a customer, amount of service used, or billing history.

It could be that the information is misleading, or not clear, and that basically something isn't being communicated clearly.  I find it very important for consumers to understand that when they enter into an agreement with any company for any reason that they are making decisions based on what is advertised and not hope that later on during their agreement, be it Edge, pre-paid, or contract that any better offer will be available.  It's difficult to make a decision now based on what you MIGHT be offered later.

We should always be on the lookout for a better deal, but should always understand that we can only be guaranteed the rates and allotments we have agreed to in signed form.  I only wish that all plans, advertised and unadvertised were explained more clearly in a fashion that was broken down into it's most basic form with all information present.  Sometimes consumers see the here and now and don't consider the day they may want or need to cease an agreement and therefore do not see the implications.  I also understand that while that information may be in the agreement, that it may also not be formally communicated by sales people.  I know that some may say this is all presented clearly enough on the website and in store and in sales fliers etc...but I can understand some confusion with how the website is a bit difficult for some to understand and even more difficult for some customers who are in-store, online, on the phone, have seen a TV ad or in chat with some sales representatives. 

In the end, sales people need to explain in full detail and customers need to read and understand the full length of an agreement.  Companies provide services and consumers provide a company with revenue.  It's a two-way street.

Labels (1)
0 Likes