Not receiving verification SMS on a new phone
STEDUD7

Hi,

I purchased a new iphone 8 plus today.

I am not receiving any verification SMS from all the apps I am downloading and trying to log into.

Also, I am not receiving text messages sent by non-iphone users. Please help me.

What is wrong with my phone/Verizon connection?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving verification SMS on a new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello STEDUD7,

Getting a new phone is a great time. I'm sorry for any and all issues when using your new iPhone 8 Plus today. I'm happy to help you. Can you send messages? What happens when sending a message to a non-iPhone user? Are you able to make calls and use data? Are iMessages going through with no problem? Please share some additional information, thank you.

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEDUD7

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I can send messages, but none of the Non-imessages are coming through.

I can make calls and use data. It's just when I need to receive SMS verification texts or any texts from non-iphone user I seem to have trouble receiving any of those.

I just switched from Sprint to Verizon. Could the problem be caused by that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is certainly a possibility that the port process isn't fully complete. You should contact the Port Center at (888)-844-7095 from another phone and ask them to check the status of the port.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I believe Ann154 is on to something. To be certain that’s the way to go, do incoming and outgoing phone calls work correctly? Do texts work after completing a Network Reset?
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamdare

I tried a network reset on my iPhone X - nothing. I force restarted it in multiple ways. Finally I powered down normal and turned back on w/ wifi (not connected) and cell enabled. Short-code texts are working finally!

0 Likes