Not honoring sales agreement
buckstr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from AT&T to verizon due to what the verizon sales agent presented to me.  During the transaction I made a point to ask what my total bill would be, to include everything.  I was told and the sales person wrote down that total out of pocket would be $152.00 plus tax. On this information I agreed to transfer my service from At&T to verizon.  I made it a point to ask so I would be sure of no confusion on my part or the sales rep.  When my bill finally came due it is for almost $400.00.  I have gone back to the store where the transaction happened and the manager informed me that the 152 was for the cost of the plan and the sales person thought I understood that price did not include the equipment cost.  There was no confusion. I specifically asked for total cost not just the plan cost. Now that this has happened I have lost the opportunity to keep the plan I would have had with AT&T and I can't afford what is now going to be a monthly bill of around $240.00.  This is a very dishonorable and dishonest way to conduct business.  I feel like I was intentionally misled just get my business.  All I asked of the manager was that the sales agreement be honored.  He has refused and now I have to take my phones away from my family.  I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB and the local chamber regarding this sales practice and this store.  Legal action is also a consideration now, since I was misled. I believe the store should be held accountable for what their sales reps agree to.

If this can be handled differently please let me know.

Labels (1)
Re: Not honoring sales agreement
mama23dogs
Legend

I See this same discussion on the AT&T forum.

all carriers require their customers to pay for their phones, one way or the other.

in fact all carriers are going ala' carte.  Your data, lines and equipment will all be separate charges.

in your case you signed up for new phones on the Edge plan and monthly installments.   I believe it is almost identical to the plan AT&T has to buy phones. 

Before you left the store with new phones, you signed a long receipt with a lot of writing on it.  You are not only entitled, but responsible to read a sales contract before you sign. 

Both that  receipt and the details of your account documents will list all the charges.

mama23dogs
Legend

FYI ...out of pocket is money up front immediately...which in your case would have been the taxes on the phones you purchased and not in any way related to your monthly bill.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The printed or emailed receipt shows these costs. A tiny bit of research prior to going to the store would prevent this.

0 Likes