Re: Not getting correct trade-in credit
JOHHIL48
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem!!!! It has been 5 months and I have yet to receive the $650 monthly credit.  Frustration abounds!!!!!!  I will not be staying with Verizon once this mess is resolved!!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIFWIL18,

Thanks for reaching out to the community member forum regarding a trade in value. Our customer service team will be happy to assist. The trade-in team can be reached at (800) 416-8894 in case there is any issue with your trade in. We look forward to assisting you.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have called the number provided numerous times and received the same response.  Someone would contact me within the week or within the day and never receive any response.  Will continue posting here and investigate legal actions since this appears to be a widespread issue.

TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please respond to this post if you are having the same issue.

0 Likes
CURT979
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service is horrible.  My wife and I each traded in our old IPhones for new phones wth the IPhone 7 came out.  We did this in September.  We started to receive a credit for one of the phones in October or November.  The other phone didn't receive a credit despite being sent in at the same time.  I called at the end of November and again in December.  Finally called a second time in December and was told the paperwork wasnt submitted by Verizon for me to get the credit.  They told me they would fix the problem and I should receive a credit by my March bill.  I got my March bill and still haven't received the credit or any back payment they owe me for the missed credits.  I called again and was told they forgot to submit the paperwork again and now it will be another 3 billing cycles before I get my credit and back credit they owe me.  I asked

to speak to a supervisor and the rep I was talking to put me on hold.  When she came back she said she would send me a text letting me know when this is resolved and did issue a credit towards the bill but wouldn't credit me for all the prior credits that were missed.  She then ended the call without letting me speak to a supervisor.  I have spent hours on hold trying to  this resolved.  I have been lied to and treated very poorly.  I would not recommend Verizon to anyone nor do I plan to stay with them once my 2 years are up.

RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on my case:

March 05: I again called trade in department customer care and spoke to Susane who was looking into the case. The call, AGAIN, lasted for more than 2 hours. After looking into the case thoroughly she said I am not eligible for this promo where I should be. On further asking she revealed that the Verizon system is showing that I ordered my iphones on Oct 1 EST however I actually ordered them on Sept 30 9:13pm PST (as per receipt I have) and on further talking to her it seems that the Verizon system is considering EST even if I ordered my phones in Pacific time zone?

Now that she known the issue, I asked her to help me out and she said NO, she could not help me out or resolve this issue AND she cannot do anything. She literally had no resolution for my issue. She said she wanted to help but she cannot because of the Verizon system, and if she override anything she may be fired?

Seriously, If the Verizon system is messed up why should customer suffer. I dont know whom to contact now as customer care also gave up big time? PLEASE HELP ON THIS ISSUE IF ANYONE CAN!!!

Now I think I made a very biggg mistake moving to Verizon!!

Thanks!

RV610
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT A POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE..

I got this response from doloresk_vzw on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2017: (10 days back)

doloresk_vzw:

We are extremely concerned about your experience. Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service and we have definitely failed. I would be alarmed if I was still waiting for my credits. From your post it appears you have done more than your share. Let's get to work on this to get you a resolution. Please provide your cell number and account PIN so we can get started.

I replied to him immediately within few hours.. BUT AFTER THIS RESPONSE HE HAS GONE MUTE!!

What a poor customer service..

Regretting now why I switched to Verizon!!

TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am no longer calling Verizon but will pursue legal actions include compensation for the time spent on hold with Verizon and being told incorrect information.  Looking for other people to respond with the same issue. At this point Verizon has stolen my phone which is now devalued without any communication.

If what Susane stated is truly the reason for your delay (I doubt it), then that should have been communicated when they received the phone at which time they should have returned the phone.

TIFWIL18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have opened a case with BBB since I continued to get the runaround.  Suggest others do the same.

BBB Business Profile | Verizon Wireless

Sundubious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same situation with me and let me tell you after about 10 calls to the Trade In Department... they are USELESS!  Half of the times I called in, they told me NOT to worry and the correct credits will appear in a future bill and to be patient because they can't do nothing about it.  The other times, they put you on hold for about an hour so you get impatient and hang up. One time, they just kept transferring me to another dept, then to another dept, and I had to explain the situation several times, and I eventually got to the tech support dept which didn't have a clue. 

Bottom line.. pay off the installment agreement if you can and CANCEL your Verizon account.  That's how I got my bill credits to finally appear on my account.  If Verizon cannot keep their promise and gives you the run around.. why continue to pay for their services?

Lesson learn to NEVER trade in a good phone to Verizon with a promise of a bill credits in the future which may or may not happened.  It's too much of a gamble to send your phone to the Verizon trade in dept.