Re: Not Getting the Promotion Code for Trade In and Up program
Dan_F
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct.  They told me there is a problem with the charging port.  Charged fine for me for 2 years.  The questionnaire did not mention the charging port, but if it did I would have marked it in excellent condition.

0 Likes
sdorr0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded up last week of Jan. even designed 3 new Moto x phones took 5 days to get them but still waiting on email with promo code to trade in my old 4G phones

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sdorr0 - If I were you?  I'd keep the phones, or sell them on swappa or eBay.  Then use that money (likely more than you'll get from the trade in) to pay your bill or CC or whatever you used to buy the new Moto X phones.

Beefstu79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Duplicate post - please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1055711#1055711

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks for providing peterwinston with a great suggestion. We can help him get rid of that device. Here's more details regarding trading devices into us: http://bit.ly/ZIo8Vc

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not Getting the Promotion Code for Trade In and Up program
i_am_sam2005
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally get my codes!! yay...after 10 days.  I would suggest to Verizon to change the promised date for the codes to up to 10 days instead of 5 days to set the expectations for the customers.

Thank you

0 Likes
cindycmc

I am having the same sort of problem.  I was promised $200 back for my old phone, and told that I'd get a promo code from Verizon within a week.  That was 18 days ago.  I've called customer care three times, plus called the code program directly.  I just get the runaround.  Customer care tells me that the trade-in program will contact me, but they haven't.  After calling the trade-in program, they say they don't have those codes, so I have to call customer care.  Now when I call the Trade In program, I just get a message that says they are experiencing a large call volume, so call back later.  After visiting the store about this issue, they gave me an old (still working) Droid X2 to use as my trade in, just to make sure that I'd get the $200 (that was a compromise to a previous customer care call).  The store told me that I'd receive an e-mail from Verizon with the promotional code.  I don't know how long I'm supposed to wait, and no one will supply any answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cindycmc,

I am sorry that you have not received your promotional codes yet. I do know this can be bit frustrating. As out trade in department has been experiencing a higher then expected volume in regards to the trade in program so aspects have been delayed. You can escalated this concern via our trade in department by sending an email here... support@online.trade-in.vzw.com

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes