Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
No service in my school
mpic2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I go to high school in CA, and am having trouble with service on campus.

When I'm on campus, my texts don't go through, snapchat or any other apps including safari don't load, etc. I can only call. It says I have Verizon LTE 3 bars but literally nothing loads. As soon as I leave campus, my service works really well again.

It's been happening to both me and my friend who also has Verizon, but some of my other friends with Verizon have perfect service! We've both been experiencing this for like a year. Why is this??

Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
Re: No service in my school
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to still communicate while you are at school is important Mpic2020. I will love to help. The speeds on your device compared to another can vary depending on what plan you have. What pricing plan are you on now? How slow are you speeds? www.speedtest.net What is the make/model of your device? 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mpic2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thank you for your response! Just now tried to do the speed test and it's been halfway loaded for about 5 mins... (I'm at my school right now where the service doesn't really work.) I also have the iphone 7 plus. Thank you,

Mpic2020

0 Likes
mpic2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok just got the speed test to load, after like 15 min.

Mine results are:

-Download Mbps: 0.64

-Upload Mbps 0.02

(and I'm at school, which is where my service typically never works).

Don't know what this means though. But Thank you,

mpic2020

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mpic2020, thank you for running the speed test. Let's continue to look into this issue. What is the ZIP Code of your school? What make and model of device do you have? Are you on the latest software version?

0 Likes
mpic2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you again for the response,

Btw just did another speed test AT HOME while my service was working, my results were 3.96 for download and 5.86 for upload. Also to answer your questions,

My school is in 95819.

I use an iPhone 7 plus.

This issue has been persisting since long before I updated my phone and still continues to exist even after I updated my phone to the newest IOS.

Thank you,

MPIC2020

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mpic2020, thanks for the additional feedback and results of your speed test. I can see how this concern can seem cumbersome for you. I ran the zip code and do not see any know issues in the area. To answer your question based on your explanation and since this has been an issue for over a year, the coverage area/inside of the school is more than likely the root cause here. 

Considering indoor coverage cannot be guaranteed by any wireless carrier, our engineers will not investigate indoor service issues. The fact of so many cellphones also being present in one location can also impact speeds and cause congestion. I may recommend that you remove and reinsert your SIM card via the instructions provided. You may also go into Settings, General, Reset and Reset Network Settings which resets your mobile data connection and any Wi-Fi connections. I hope this information helps clear up the details. http://spr.ly/6589D4t3f

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Drew1

This has been an issue for years and Verizon has not addressed and promised a new tower coming for 3 years now.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes