No service at home
Bellevuene
Enthusiast - Level 2

We live in Bellevue, NE, in a hilly area.  Service here has never been good, so we purchased a network extender.  That worked fine for a year or so.  Now, no coverage again.  We've called Verizon time and again, started tickets, etc but no one has given us a solution.  Well, other than "unplug the extender, unplug the modem, then plug them back in".  Not helpful as it didn't work.  Any of the times.  The NE is working fine, so it must not be able to pick up ANY signal.  Now, I've found out that Sprint quit leasing the local  towers, so that has to be why no coverage. 

Any solution, Verizon reps?   What cell tower coverage do you  have in the 68005 area?

I have a cell phone to cover long distance and now can't call anyone from my home.  It's ridiculous to have to drive to the grocery store and sit in my car to call my family. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service at home
jshull0
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummm, the NE uses you home internet connection, it doesn't connect to verizon wirelessly, so regardless of how far a tower is from your house you should still be able to connect as long as your internet connection is working properly.

0 Likes
Bellevuene
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is nothing wrong with my internet service as it's thru the cable company, not Verizon.  The network extender does work via the internet connection to boost cell phone reception.  Theoretically.  Anyway, the booster is only as good as the signal it gets.  In other words, it can't boost something that's not there.  No cell tower coverage = no signal = nothing to boost.   Verizon has assured us, many, many times, that the extender is working just fine.  As do our phones. 

So, what do you think the problem is, hmm?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bellevuene
I am showing several towers in the area. Let's get to the bottom of this. Does service improve outdoors? Which wireless device do you have?

Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
travisryans
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently created a post regarding cell service as well, no data in my home, can barely have a conversation on my phone, yet the map shows 4g.

Bellevuene
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung intensity II and my husband has an LG Revere.  Simple phones, true, but they should still get a signal.  I can hold my phone next to the network extender and, even though the phone will note "network extender" at the top of the screen, I only get 1 bar.  Outside on the deck is 1 bar and it flickers to 2 once in a while but not long enough for a call. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Bellevuene. You mentioned that more than one ticket was submitted. Were you given the resolution details on either of those tickets? Also, make sure that you are connected to the network extender by dialing #48. It should say whether or not you're connected.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bellevuene
Enthusiast - Level 2

The resolution details on all tickets were unplug and plug it back in.  We did so and it didn't help.  I assume they had no idea what else to do so gave us that same answer over & over. 

Yes, #48 says I'm under extender network coverage, but only if I'm in the same room as the extender. 

0 Likes