No incoming calls after switching from Net10 to Verizon prepaid, got the runaround from tech support
DaBlondeAmbition

I purchased the Motorola Luge & the $45 Pay-As-You-Go plan, I switched from a net10 30-day prepaid plan. I brought my old number with me. After activating my new phone, I can make calls, but cannot recieve any calls, nor send/recieve any texts. anyone trying to call me goes to my voicemail from the old phone. Spent an hour on the phone with tech support, who kept trying to tell me that my calls needed to be unforwared from voicemail, I told him that isn't possible, I haven't even set up voicemail with this phone. Finally he just said I need to wait, I asked him for a timeline before I called back, he could never give me one. Just told me when I do call back "ask for tech support" I told him that I did call tech support & got him, he said no. So when I asked him for tech support's number, he didn't have one, told me to dial the same number I got to reach him & ask for tech support...basically letting me know that he either didn't know what the problem is or was tired of trying to find out. And if he wasn't "tech support", then why couldn't he transfer me to tech support, or at least a peer or supervisor that could assist me. I hope this is not a sign of what to expect from Verizon. I'm going to give it a week, if my phone isn't working properly by then, I'm headed back to Net10.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No incoming calls after switching from Net10 to Verizon prepaid, got the runaround from tech support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaBlondeAmbition,

I definitely want you enjoying your device! When bringing over numbers from another carrier, there may be a small period of time that you recieve mixed service, which is what you are describing. Certainly, it should not take all week to get this working. I recommend reaching out to our Port Center 888-844-7095 as they would be able to verify what the hold up is with your number getting mixed services. They are open until 7am-11pm CT Monday-Saturday. 9am-9pm on Sundays.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No incoming calls after switching from Net10 to Verizon prepaid, got the runaround from tech support
DaBlondeAmbition

Thank you so much for your concern and taking the time to respond, and I

appreciate the number, something the tech did not provide me with even

after I asked. I will call it immediately.

Thanks again!

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
jtdragon

Having the same problem after switching from virgin moble and I can not get anyone live. worst tec surport I've seen. just I need to go back to VM.

0 Likes