No Verizon Service and a Non Registered Tower in Area
vpinzon

I work at a school in the little town of Alamo, GA. It has been 8 years since I first moved here and have never had service from any carrier other than SouthernLinc. Since then A tower was built in Vidalia and even one where I live in Mt Vernon, yet still no service in Alamo. In 2014 it appeared that Verizon filed for a tower in Alamo on Commerce Street and it even shows up here as an unregistered tower. What i'm trying to get at is: Dear Verizon, It would be really great if at least one service provider worked in Alamo GA. Since you already have an applications for a tower, why not gain some extra customers and make the once that already have Verizon happy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Service and a Non Registered Tower in Area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered checking with the local building and planning jurisdiction to find out if there are restrictions for new towers in the area. It can take years for a new tower to get approved and built and put into service. One of the stumbling block is local resistance to anything that "ruins" their view.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes