No Promotional Code given for Trade in Edge Program
Wavy_Crocket

Long story short I signed up to trade in an old phone to receive the $100 dollar credit.. and additional $200 credit once my old phone was returned to them and processed. Per the steps I was suppose to receive a promotional code by email or text to use when appraising my phone. I never received it, and continue to call Verizon but they seem to be giving me the run around. All this needs to be done within 30 days of my phone's purchase date or the deal pretty much goes bad.  If anyone else has experienced this let me know what you did to right this process. I'll continue to call in the meantime. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Promotional Code given for Trade in Edge Program
jj569106
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same boat here. It has been more than 2 weeks. The answer from verizon wireless is waiting for another 5 days, on and on again. Someone suggested to call Verizon QA office. I will try it again. If I am not successful, I will contact local Better Business Bureau or consumer association to file complain.

0 Likes
OJackieO

Same problem here.  I switched from T-Mobile after about 15 years and feel like it was a terrible decision.  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
jj569106
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until yesterday, customer service suggested me to go back to store to ask store to request generate code, so I will call verizon customer service at the store to have three parties to be on same page, where is the problem. If it would NOT work out, I am planning to file complaint in local Better Business Bureau, BBB Online Complaint System | Get Started, verizon wireless is on the list. This is one of worst decision to switch to Verizon too. I will post my experience in facebook, all social media to spread out the worst customer service in wireless company. I hate to do it, but I have to do it. Will keep everyone posted.

0 Likes
OJackieO

I ended up calling Customer Service (just the number on the site) Friday and I received my promotional code via text within eight hours.  Today I processed the trade-in online and it seemed to work - - showing I'll receive the $200.  Now we'll see how long it takes for the promotional credit to show up after I send it in.  So strange that people have such different experiences.  Hope they get you taken care of. 

0 Likes
jj569106
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally, I got my promotion code after called VZW customer service eight times. Customer Service Agent, Krista, in New York Call Center, called me back today and gave me code via Text Message. Among those eight times, three of eight said they would call me to follow up on the next day, but I never received any phone call from them. Only Krista did what she said, I appreciated her commitment, finally helped me get the code during our conversation today. It really relieves my outrage to VWZ customer service. Now let's see where I can get gift card. I will keep you posted. If you get, let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes