No Longer a good cell signal
DrummerBoizMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a customer of Verizon for some years.  I've raved to friends with other cell service providers about the "I get a signal everywhere I go" fact.  I've raved so much that my aunt even switched to Verizon because of it.  However, I am very upset because a couple of months ago, something happened and suddenly, when I'm home I barely have a signal for any length of time at all.  About once an hour, for about 5 minutes I MAY get 3-4 bars, however, otherwise I have only 1 bar, ....if any!  I can't be online, I can't have phone calls and texts take an enormous amount of time to "send".   I have an iPhone 4s and have NEVER had trouble with a signal 'til this started occurring.  When I got Verizon years ago, and was so pleased with the cell service, I got rid of our home phone lines.  We rely solely on the cell phones.  This could be life threatening in the event of an emergency. I don't know if there are local towers needing work that Verizon is not aware of, however, something has drastically taken place for this to happen.  I have a full unlimited data package for my iPhone, so that has nothing to do with it. Please, work on the towers in our area; this is greatly unsatisfactory.

Labels (1)
Re: No Longer a good cell signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this DrummerBoizMom! I definitely appreciate your loyalty and I'm here to provide all available option. What zip code are you located in and is this only happening indoors in your home? Have you tried dialing *228 send option 2 and resetting network settings here http://vz.to/1m7T0Jw when you have service to do so? Is this happening to other Verizon Wireless devices near as well? Please share more details so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you have a 4G phone you might try shutting down the phone pull the Sim Card for 10 min. then reinstalling it.. so the phone can re sync with the Towers)  Note be careful how you handle the S-Card as the cold area of it is real sensitive to oils and static electricity which we have both in our Fingers..

0 Likes
DrummerBoizMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  Thank you for your reply.

I live in the zip code of 26508. It is NOT happening just indoors. When I'm on the front porch or in the yard it still happens.

A couple of weeks ago, I was "live chatting" with a Verizon rep who had me reset my phone/upgrade it, etc.  If that's what you're referring to.  That didn't help at all, sadly.  My husband has a simple flip phone and altho he gets a signal most times, it's not as near the superior quality we're accustomed.  My iphone 4s has served me so well.  I simply wondered if it was a way to get me to upgrade to the newer iPhone 5c or s, since my 2 year contract is ready to renew.  I work 10 miles from my home.  Here at work, I have exceptional signals; even without accessing WiFi from my office building.  If I'm at an establishment that doesn't have WiFi, I can STILL have full signal.

If it helps at all, my aunt, who I had recommended Verizon to, switched to Verizon.  Within a couple of weeks, she started experiencing the same troubles and was very much regretting going with Verizon.  After a week or so of communicating back and forth, it was determined that, indeed, roaming towers in her area needed work.

I have loved Verizon. I have loved my phone. I have loved the customer service from Verizon, however, if this is going to stay this way, I will change to another company.

Thank you, in advance, so much for your help.

DrummerBoizMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is an iPhone 4s....thank you.

0 Likes
DrummerBoizMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my 2nd reply for you, with additional information.  I just called and did the option #2 for updating roaming capabilities.  This is indeed what the other rep had me do.  I also checked my phone update version and it is indeed up to date.

Hopefully, this info with the previous reply to you, will give you enough information to correct this issue.

Blessings!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok wasn't for sure) good luck to ya there b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DrummerBoizMom,

I appreciate how hard it is to deal with signal issues at your home. Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. The signal in your zip code does seem to vary depending on exactly where you are, so I think we need to take a closer look at this for you. I will need some additional details, so please hover over my name, and click follow.

Once you are following me back, you will be able to hover over my name again, and click Direct Message. Please send me a direct message so that I can review more specific details for you, and get this issue resolved.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The follow request should go to the individual username of the rep or using the steps outlined in .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrummerBoizMom, thanks for clarifying. Have you seen in any improvement after resetting the network in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network? Powering your device off/on to soft reset will definitely help, as well. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes