Re: No Appreciation for Existing Customers
SHORTKITTEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

You missed my point COMPLETELY, but I have discussed in length with other users.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

SHORTKITTEN wrote:

You missed my point COMPLETELY, but I have discussed in length with other users. Thanks anyway.

I got your point. You're a "loyal" customer( which does not mean what you think it means) and you deserve special perks or the same perks as new customers. I pay Verizon each month for service so I expect that service. That's the extent of our relationship. No more no less.

0 Likes
SHORTKITTEN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, Webster hasn't failed me in over 35 years...faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

Not that I need to defend myself, but it's good for Verizon to know too.  I have said "no thank you" to every offer from every other carrier who has solicited me, I have told friends, family, and strangers how great Verizon's reliability is, I have given Verizon's phone # out to potential customers and directions to their stores (for those too scared of computers), and when others don't have cell service, I say, "here, use mine, I have Verizon".  But, honestly, none of that matters because I'm only asking for what I received for the last 18 years...nothing more.  Being that I have been in Customer Service management for over 20 years, I know that is not asking much.  We are all entitied to our opinion.  I thank you for yours and you've heard mine.  I still love Verizon's product and I have not said a negative thing for 18 years, until now.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are not 'loyal' to Verizon Wireless.

You stayed as a customer because you felt that you got a good value for the money that you spend. I would be insulted by Verizon if a customer of 18 years, such as yourself, got better deals than a customer of 6 years, such as MYself. The reason all promotions are available to all customers who wish to follow the promotion's guidelines is to NOT create that type of business environment. It is also absurd to request that you get special consideration for remaining a customer. Do you go to your favorite restaurant and ask for free meals because you eat there once a week? Do you go to the grocery store and ask for free milk because you don't buy your milk anywhere else?

What it really boils down to is that you don't understand how we now buy our phones and pay for service and, instead of learning the benefits, you just complain about it. All of us who understand the new purchase options have seen benefits. My bill is lower since 2 year service contracts are gone. No carrier has subsidized phones anymore. It's just a fact that you have to accept.

There is no rule that says you must purchase a new phone every time you're eligible. There is also no rule that you have to buy a phone from Verizon Wireless directly. Lots of places sell phones that work on the VZW network. They all have their own promotions. It is the holiday time. Look at places like Best Buy for their promotions.

stef7
Master - Level 2

All one has to do is Google the concept, and one will find articles like this:

What a Real Wireless Loyalty Program Might Look Like – Tech.pinions

There's more than enough reasons, data and analysis out there to suggest retention /  loyalty programs would be welcomed and profitable for customers and carriers respectively.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What it might look like. I am not reading that.

I go by what I get for what I pay. If VZW wasn't a good enough value for me I would leave. Just like any customer has the option to do with any carrier.

"Loyalty" Programs are [removed] concepts. I believe if a business offers a good product and value, continued patronage will be a direct result.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

stef7 wrote:

All one has to do is Google the concept, and one will find articles like this:

What a Real Wireless Loyalty Program Might Look Like – Tech.pinions

There's more than enough reasons, data and analysis out there to suggest retention / loyalty programs would be welcomed and profitable for customers and carriers respectively.

Here's the deal, T-Mobile would be cheaper for me especially with the free Netflix. However their network in my area is nowhere near what Verizon's is so it doesn't matter what their pricing is or what perks they offer. Lower pricing and perks don't make a difference if I don't have good coverage.