Nexus 6 not compatible with Verizon Network Extender
Jettpwr

Verizon refuses to switch out my phone for a phone that will work with their Network Extender. They fully acknowledge the phone is not compatible yet state its my problem. Their solution...simply pay off my current phone and buy a new one....yep I need to pay to resolve their issue. I filed a complaint with BBB and the CPUC.

Here is my letter to Verizon Correspondence which you can only mail or fax. Verizon's attempt to make sure only a few people contact them. What a joke!!

After spending more than four (4) hours on the phone yesterday that included two tech support agents and five customer care agents I was told they would not resolve my issue even though all agreed it’s a known issue with Verizon equipment and no solution. This is after numerous calls to solve the problem back when I purchased the phone from Verizon. Basically my only option is to pay $500 to pay off my Verizon purchased phone and then buy a new Verizon phone that works with Verizon’s network extender as my Nexus 6 per Verizon is not compatible. This is fraud on behalf of Verizon Wireless knowingly selling equipment not compatible with their system hardware. Verizon is deceitful in their practices of selling phones and expect to burden the consumer with the resolution by forcing them to pay to resolve a known issue ultimately boosting profits for Verizon at the expense of their consumers.

Resolution Requested

Allow me to return my Nexus 6 at no cost, essentially waiving the buyout. I will buy a Samsung S6 Edge Plus or Note5 with the same plan of monthly installments. This will allow me to have a Verizon phone that works with my Verizon Network Extender I paid $250 for. Quite honestly for all I have gone through trying to resolve this I would hope there is some further monetary adjustment to my account in addition.

Background

I live at 1220 Colony Drive, Upland CA 91784 which is in the fringe area of Verizon service. Typically I can 1 bar maybe, yet calls will drop within minutes of answering or placing. I work from home and my cell phone is my primary source of contact for work. For over 5 years I have had a Verizon Network Extender installed at my house and the house prior to solve the issue of coverage. In May I upgraded my cell phone to a Nexus 6 after having a Samsung S4 for 3 years. My S4, along with my family’s phones, always worked great with the Network Extender. For the first couple weeks the Nexus phone worked with the network extender although not always connecting. A few weeks after I had my Nexus I realized I could not be on a call and use data at the same time. I called tech support and they stated I needed to have HD calling added to my plan, which they were surprised the store where I bought did not add it on as this is the only way you can talk and data at the same time. They added the feature and I was now able to talk and text/data. A few days later I realized I was no longer connecting to the network extender. I called tech support and after a long process they stated it’s a known issue that when HD calling is activated the phone will not connect to the network extender. I was told they were aware and to give Verizon some time to resolve the issue with an upgrade to the network extender.

This brings us to Wednesday, September 23 when I called tech support to get the issue fixed. After talking to tech support she confirmed the phone is NOT compatible with the Verizon Network Extender. The tech agreed the phone should be replaced with a model that is compatible as I should have been told when I purchased the phone it was not compatible. I was transferred to a customer care rep who I had to explain the entire issue to as supposedly the notes on the account were not clear. During the call the call dropped and no one called me back. I called a second time, talked to a rep, explained the entire situation again, call was dropped and no one called my back. I called a third time, talked to a rep, explained the entire situation, she came up with a resolution that was fair. The deal was I could go to a store and turn my phone in with a upgrade cost of $349, they would give me $200 for the trade in, leaving a $149 balance due which she would offset by lowering my JetPac monthly fee to $10. So basically I would pay $30 out of my pocket and get the $120 back over time. Although I don’t think I should be paying anything out of my pocket to resolve a known technical issue. I went to the store and was told by a quite rude sales person (Stephanie) they would not do the deal as the customer care rep told me wrong information and proceeded to tell me they always are wrong….basically calling them stupid. Now understand all the comments were on the account, this was not he said she said. I then left the store and called customer care only to start the ENTIRE process over again. The customer care rep was rude, basically told me its my problem to deal with, they were not going to do anything about it, and if I wanted to resolve the issue I would need to pay off my current phone and buy a new one. He transferred me to tech support as he stated he had to hear it from tech support the phone had an issue. I asked for him to stay on the line and he stated he would, yet dropped off without letting me know. I talked to the tech support guy for an hour who ran all the same tests and procedures to get to the same place (now for the 3rd time) the phone is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Verizon Network Extender. He said there is nothing he could do and basically good luck.

So today I am stuck with a Verizon Nexus 6 which is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Verizon Network Extender, nor will it ever be according to Verizon tech support.

I can provide greater detail on the situation if necessary, however supposedly there are notes on my account. It pains me to see such awful customer service from such a well-known company. The mere fact I spent over 8 hours total in trying to resolve a known Verizon issue is appalling, let alone the loss in time at work while trying to simply get a phone that works. I pay Verizon over $3000 a year just in cell phone service and they can’t even resolve a simple customer care issue in waiving $349. Its as if I am asking for them to give me a free phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 6 not compatible with Verizon Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jettpwr We want you to have the best service possible. We are concerned about the problems you are having. I have sent you a Private Message concerning your concerns. Please remove the post in concern for your private information.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes