Newly activated towers.
zebbie8
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Logansport IN and we have had a tower up and going in our town in the past 2weeks along with I think 5-6 others.  Most of my families phone say extended network still.  However my sons iPhone states LTE. Why is this?  I have updated phone and so has the others.  Please explain. Ty

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Newly activated towers.
B33
Legend

If your son's phone is an iPhone 5 that is why your seeing the LTE on the display..

0 Likes
zebbie8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I understand. But prior to new tower his read extended network too.

0 Likes
zebbie8
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I guess what I am saying is we all live in same house/town why is one phone in 4g. I just got new samsung 4 and at first  it read 4g now extended

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prior to the new (LTE) tower, his phone WAS in extended network - it now sees the new (LTE) tower.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

zebbie8 wrote:

So I guess what I am saying is we all live in same house/town why is one phone in 4g. I just got new samsung 4 and at first  it read 4g now extended

Have you tried removing the SIM card, then powering down the phone, reinserting the SIM and restarting the phone?  That may get it to re-initialize and "see" the new tower.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is what I would do I'd call customer Service 1-800-922-0204 *611  option 3 Tech Dept. and have them look at your account and your location and see if the Towers are active..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zebbie8,

That's peculiar. And I say that because you're located in an extended network area. May I ask if your son is having any issues with his service? If so, he can remove the SIM and reinsert for a network refresh.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help out zebbie8! It seems that your devices may be connecting to different towers. For an immediate update we recommend removing and reinserting your SIM Card. This will update your devices. Please keep us posted once this is completed, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes