New verizon plan - except not for loyal customers
catchingup
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new verizon plans advertised on the webpage and the tv were very attractive.

The catch is that if you are already on a verizon plan and you want to change to the new plan, the cost per phone is $40 per phone instead of $20 per phone....  unless your contract is almost up.

Certainly not what it says on any of the ads.

Thought current customers should know.

Labels (1)
Re: New verizon plan - except not for loyal customers
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

The new plans I believe are "month to month" and contracts are no longer used. This is why you must first fulfill your original contract for service.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If a new customer signs up for the My Verizon plan, they will also likely need to get a new phone. That is going to add at least $20, probably more, to their bill. So that brings up the cost right back to $40 or more for the new customer. You already have your phone that was subsidized by Verizon. Until your agreement completes paying back the money Verizon sank into that phone to give you the cheap price, you will also pay $40 for the phone and access. Really no different.

Now when your contract is over, you are in the same situation as a new customer. You can keep your current phone and only pay $20 per month for line access plus data, or buy a new phone and pay a per month phone repayment cost, the $20 per month line access and then the data.

srdono

I had a strange thing happen to me at the Verizon Store that makes no sense. I brought an iphone 5 in to be activated and wanted to switch from my current plan to the new plan. I was told my new charge for the iphone I own would be $40 per month. My contract has been expired for years. The Verizon rep told me that unless I purchased a new phone that the monthly charge is $40 for a smartphone under the no plan. Was I miss informed?

0 Likes
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

They were misinformed and probably trying to get a sale. No contract means $20 line fee.

Weth
Legend

Agree completely with gurase, they were, at best, misinformed and at worse trying to make the sale.

Even if you are on More Everything and you are out of contract, the word is the $15 or $25 discount can still be added as the Month to Month Promotion discount. With the new My Verizon plan, it is automatically switched to $20 when you are out of contract.