New customer - Difficulty Getting Support
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to becoming a customer today, I had no problems with getting in contact with Verizon via chat. Now that I am a customer, I'm having a difficult time getting support. EVERY avenue of Verizon support is busy -- long hold times on the phone, no chat representatives available (all assisting others), long wait times in the store.

I had to provide additional documentation to get my account setup, and I was not informed that I would need additional documentation when I first came to the Verizon store on Feb. 21. I am porting over from another carrier, and got the go ahead from the other carrier on Feb. 28 to be able to switch. I came in to a Verizon store on Feb. 28 to setup service, but the computer system automatically placed a hold on the account and I had to provide additional documentation.

I could not get that documentation and come back before the store closed for the night. I came back March 1, and had to end up paying a higher price for the phone. I am fairly certain that in the month of February, the Droid MAXX was $99.99 and I can at least confirm that by using web.archive.org and looking back to Feb. 25 where it does show that price with a 2-year contract. Going to verizonwireless.com today now shows the phone for $149.99.

The difficulty in getting support lies with not being able to get the price adjusted in the store. I went to another store, and after being there for at least 20 minutes, I hadn't moved up in the queue. I tried online chat, but all agents were busy. I called phone support, but encountered a wait for assistance on the phone. I lastly tried Twitter support, but it seems the VZWSupport account was last active on Feb. 26.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New customer - Difficulty Getting Support
cwbyfan62
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck..long hold times seem to be normal right now. Maybe because everyone is getting their tax returns and buying new phones?

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I managed to get in contact with customer service by phone. I've had good experience using social media to get assistance from my previous carrier. Verizon seems to have two support accounts on Twitter - VerizonSupport and VZWSupport; which one is the correct one?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

c_brookhart wrote:

I managed to get in contact with customer service by phone. I've had good experience using social media to get assistance from my previous carrier. Verizon seems to have two support accounts on Twitter - VerizonSupport and VZWSupport; which one is the correct one?

VerizonSupport = Verizon Landline services (phone, Fios, DSL, etc.)

VZWSupport = Verizon Wireless (cellular phone)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes