New Sim Card
zyder721

So my line was recently cancelled and I planned to start a new plan, however just to be sure I asked a sales rep if my number and upgrade eligibility would carry over to my new plan and was reassured that it would. But, once I went to see what plans I was eligible for it said my SIM card was uneligible to be used. I have heard that if you cancel an account, the SIM card becomes unusable. Basically, I wanted to see if this was true and if I was to get a new SIM card if my number and upgrade eligibility would still carry over to my new plan. Thanks ahead of time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Sim Card
Not applicable

Why would you cancel your line and start a new one?

0 Likes
zyder721

I recently moved from my parent's house and am starting my own plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you did an assumption of liability? Or did you straight out cancel the line?

0 Likes
zyder721

I was completely removed off of the family plan, so I am assuming it is similar to a cancellation.

0 Likes
Not applicable

An assumption of liability allows you to move to you own plan without paying an ETF or losing your number. Cancelling a line means you no longer want that  line and the number is lost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for asking, zyder721. With the new plan and number you will need to get a new SIM card which can be picked up for free at the store.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zyder721

Ok thank you, do you know if it will be possible to get my old number back?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Basically, no.

You should have done assumption of liability to keep your old number and plan, or opened a new line before canceling the old line and transferring the number.  Sounds too late for either now, and number is gone. 

Come to to forums before doing things, not after. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! We can certainly check if the number is still available; however, it is not guaranteed that you can.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes